PDA

View Full Version : Howdy! Noob here

lightsandsirens
05-01-2004, 01:26 AM
Ladies/Gents

I'm new to this site and basicaly new to my E30
I bought my first bimmer (or beemer :rolleyes: ) 2 months ago and so far I am loving it (going from a Mk3 golf 2.0)
I hope to help out and have some good times here!
Here are some pics from the first few days I picked it up.
I've been fixing some minor issues (like the tailight bolts all broken and trunk full of water)
http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v185/lightsandsirens/Picture_046.jpg
http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v185/lightsandsirens/Picture_034.jpg
http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v185/lightsandsirens/Picture_033.jpg
http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v185/lightsandsirens/Picture_036.jpg

I am also in the market for a few small items (I've posted in the WTB forum)
Cheers

Bob Loblaw
05-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Car looks nice. Welcome aboard.

You should check out the Alpine White thread in the private meets/events section.

EDIT: clicky (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33911)

biotek
05-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Welcome*wiggle*

Clean car, have any mods planned?

BMWE30
05-01-2004, 03:15 AM
What are those 2 switches next to the e-brake handle? They kinda look like window switches. I dont have them ..lol...:confused:

ZiMMie
05-01-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by BMWE30
What are those 2 switches next to the e-brake handle? They kinda look like window switches. I dont have them ..lol...:confused:
Heated seat switches :P

qimis
05-01-2004, 03:18 AM
nice ! welcome to the alpine white family *wave*

felixthecat
05-01-2004, 03:54 AM
thats a nice bmw steering wheel..is that stock?

Jordan
05-01-2004, 05:17 AM
car looks like it is 2-3 shades of white/yellow, and the valance is bent up... how is that considered a "clean car" ??

lightsandsirens
05-01-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Jordan
car looks like it is 2-3 shades of white/yellow, and the valance is bent up... how is that considered a "clean car" ??

You're right about the valance... (I will get it fixed) however the paint looks much better when it's cleaned up and waxed. Those are pictures I took right after I got the car (hence the salt/dirt covered exterior) . Since then I cleaned up the inside and out and it looks much better.
The steering wheel has a small momo imprint on the bottom so I am not sure if it's stock.

jeremy
05-01-2004, 06:00 AM
welcome to the board....car looks to be in pretty good shape.

don't listen to jordan..he comes off rude...

Slowered318
05-01-2004, 07:47 AM
NICE!

welcome to max!

Jordan
05-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by jeremy
don't listen to jordan..he comes off rude...

Yeah, I do come off rude. I'm in the habit of opening sharing my opinions and observations. Once you get to know me I'm really a nice guy :D

biotek
05-01-2004, 06:23 PM
For a 14 year old car, its clean

asshole :P

Slowered318
05-01-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I do come off rude. I'm in the habit of opening sharing my opinions and observations. Once you get to know me I'm really a nice guy :D

who said we wanted to get to know you ..hahhahhaha!

jeremy
05-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Slowered318
who said we wanted to get to know you ..hahhahhaha!

werd...

:D

SebSter
05-01-2004, 10:20 PM

its easy to open your mouth when u live so far away and ur behind a screen.. i bet if you lived in our area and actually came out to the meets you wouldnt have the balls to say half the things you say

Miguel
05-02-2004, 07:17 AM
N00B33333Z3

Jordan
05-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by SebSter
its easy to open your mouth when u live so far away and ur behind a screen.. i bet if you lived in our area and actually came out to the meets you wouldnt have the balls to say half the things you say

What is it with you kids? Its a non stop battle with you.

First off, I'm just as blunt in real life as I come off on the forums. Make no mistakes about it. I'm glad I don't live in Canada, however on the same token... I'm not thrilled to like in USA.

Besides.. I rarely goto meets anywhere, they are normally quite boring. Lots of kids with stock cars they think are all mad modded. Then they all go on a drive, and drive like they think they know how.

Its just an accident waiting to happen, and I would rather not be part of the cluster **** of tangled cars when they all crash :)

lightsandsirens
05-02-2004, 07:38 PM

Besides.. I rarely goto meets anywhere, they are normally quite boring. Lots of kids with stock cars they think are all mad modded. Then they all go on a drive, and drive like they think they know how.

Its just an accident waiting to happen, and I would rather not be part of the cluster **** of tangled cars when they all crash :)

Well I am definately not a kid... and I definately don't think my bone stock car is "mad modded" not that I really want to do that anyways. That was the reason I sold my golf in the first place. Too much $ spent not enough made (but that's another story)
Regardless... Jordan, what kind of front lip is that on the E30 in your sig? (assuming that's your car)
Seeing as how mine is missing.

SpudBoy
05-02-2004, 07:47 PM
What is it with you kids? Its a non stop battle with you.

First off, I'm just as blunt in real life as I come off on the forums. Make no mistakes about it. I'm glad I don't live in Canada, however on the same token... I'm not thrilled to like in USA.

Clearly you have never been to a maX cruise. Safer than driving alone. I wish I was a kid and I'm proud to post that my car is showroom stock.

Lights: Welocme to maX and enjoy the site.

Jordan
05-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Lightsandsirens: Yes it is my e30, it is a Rieger Infinity front lip. Its low :)

Here is a closeup i took at the same time as i snapped my sig pic.
http://www.r3vlimited.com/Media/e30theproject/Pictures/April2004/042704-004.jpg

Spudboy: Well if your drives are safe, more power to you! But the overall maturity (or lack of it) here wouldnt make me inclided to go to a meet. All the meets around here tend to be littered with high school kids that think they are F1 drivers.

I think everyone can relate to that, and wouldn't want to be involved.

LP_E30PWR
05-02-2004, 08:12 PM
welcome

my car looks like your but it's a four doors also a white one
nice car and enjoy your stay :P

SpudBoy
05-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Lightsandsirens: Yes it is my e30, it is a Rieger Infinity front lip. Its low :)

Here is a closeup i took at the same time as i snapped my sig pic.
http://www.r3vlimited.com/Media/e30theproject/Pictures/April2004/042704-004.jpg

Spudboy: Well if your drives are safe, more power to you! But the overall maturity (or lack of it) here wouldnt make me inclided to go to a meet. All the meets around here tend to be littered with high school kids that think they are F1 drivers.

I think everyone can relate to that, and wouldn't want to be involved.

To be honest I was really impressed with the safety considerations of my first maX cruise. I had the same concerns as you. Members often complain that we should be going faster but it's not enough to ruin a great day. I'm of the opinion that racing should be kept to the track.

WhadUpp
05-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Hey Jordan you suck ass:moon:

Please go back to your REV site and blow

MR 325
05-02-2004, 10:15 PM
The steering wheel has a small momo imprint on the bottom so I am not sure if it's stock
Say this back to yourself 3 times and tell me if it's a stock wheel.

jeremy
05-02-2004, 10:35 PM
jordan, the problem with you is that you are "too blunt".....but you do have some good input to offer...i don't think you're stupid, i just think you're very inconsiderate to new comers that might not poses the same knowledge.....

that being said,
if you think max is so crappy, why do you frequent it ? we are quite happy here without you...

bmwm5lover
05-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Well, Well, another twin of my car LOL! Car looks good man! My car looked pretty much liek that exterior wise when i bought it!
Ive loved it since, and Im sure you will too!

Well dont forget to become a member of the Alpwhite Club, and Join us at our next event(check the Private meets section for details)....

Here is a pic of my baby, from a couple of months ago...(its going through a slight makeover)
http://maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=323550

Jordan
05-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by WhadUpp
Hey Jordan you suck ass:moon:

Please go back to your REV site and blow

Thanks for your insight. In the future you might want to consider trying a little harder on your insult.

Jordan
05-03-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by jeremy
jordan, the problem with you is that you are "too blunt".....but you do have some good input to offer...i don't think you're stupid, i just think you're very inconsiderate to new comers that might not poses the same knowledge.....

that being said,
if you think max is so crappy, why do you frequent it ? we are quite happy here without you...

How bout I still be blunt, but I present it in a more "polite" manner. Would that please you?

Yes I do have alot of input to offer. Yes I can be inconsiderate.

I never said Max was crappy, only that alot of the members seem to be know-nothing kids. I wouldn't say I frequent this forum, I visit 1-2 times a day at most.

jeremy
05-03-2004, 01:36 AM
How bout I still be blunt, but I present it in a more "polite" manner. Would that please you?

that would probably suffice *th-up*