PDA

View Full Version : what kind of car you would never

hawai-Ian
06-05-2002, 10:53 PM
ever race or you hate the most? give reason and oh dont bother with the obvious answer like diablos, testas and every other exotics that are outta your league.

just for fun nothing personal

rico328i
06-05-2002, 11:13 PM
Any car with a 3ft high spolier on the trunk!! Waste of good gas.

Rico

djcontra
06-06-2002, 10:10 AM
I'll race anyone and anything except police vehicals =)
I'll even race the kid on a bigwheel if he's askin' for it!

hawai-Ian
06-06-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by rico328i
Any car with a 3ft high spolier on the trunk!! Waste of good gas.

Rico

HAHAHAHA I hear ya :D

Wut 'bout them cars with neon/blacklight lighting everywhere ?

M3driver
06-06-2002, 05:52 PM
I will only race people that seem to care about their car as much as I care about mine. Last thing I want is some idiot willing to wreck his car or mine just to beat me. This weeds out most ricers. I usually just laugh at most Hondas and stuff. I will however, go out of my way to race an NSX or S2000 once I get my car back!

Furious
06-06-2002, 06:49 PM
well i worry about racing those little hondas and acuras that look like a sleeper,, you never know if your gonna have your ass handed to you by a very plain GSR with a turbo and a nice shot of NOS.......

'88 325e
06-06-2002, 06:53 PM
I tend to stay away from RX-7's, Supras, and any M-series! I can't wait to get my engine conversion done! Teach some of the 5.0's owned by my friends in my neck of the woods that they are not the hottest shi*t in town. LOL! :D

Eurostyle
06-07-2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by '88 325e
I tend to stay away from RX-7's, Supras, and any M-series! I can't wait to get my engine conversion done! Teach some of the 5.0's owned by my friends in my neck of the woods that they are not the hottest shi*t in town. LOL! :D

I dont know....i'm not a big V8 fan but 5.0's are fast!!! (in a straight line that is.....)
P.S as for being the the hottest shi*t in town, i think your stock bimmer is better than a FORD!!!

Dave 325i
06-07-2002, 06:43 AM
the 5.0s in town? you mean in Niagara?

where did you have a chance to stake your claim against a 5.0?

anyways, once your car is finished, it will be NOWHERE in the same league as a 5.0. Probably wasn't before, but now you'll be far above and beyond.

Can't wait to see it!

There's particular excitement with having someone in your area have their car totally reconstructed, esp. when the original car was similar to yours. . . .

as for the question, i'm generally too nervous to race anyone because of safety reasons, except maybe on the track where i eventually i have to get myself. however, if there's a relatively safe spot somewhere . . .

'88 325e
06-07-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Dave 325i
the 5.0s in town? you mean in Niagara?

where did you have a chance to stake your claim against a 5.0?

anyways, once your car is finished, it will be NOWHERE in the same league as a 5.0. Probably wasn't before, but now you'll be far above and beyond.

Yeah in Niagara I know who's who in Niagara since alot of my friends have 5.0's

When my car had the stock 2.7L I wouldn't bother racing a 5.0 unless it was near some twisties in the road! LOL! And for being far above and beyond? Only if I put a turbo on that M50. ;)

A~G
06-09-2002, 01:42 AM
I HATE MUSTANGS:puke: .......American crap cars... i hate the way they look... i hate the way they sound... i hate the way half of them have those "fake" air intakes... uuuuugh... i would rather put my money into a BMW anyday. :cool: You always see those hicks who know nothing about anything driving those ugly things. :moon:

got torque?
06-09-2002, 03:18 PM
Mustangs may be ugly but they can be made to work pretty well for very little $$$. On the track their horsepower and torque can overcome a lot of their suspension/handling problems.

If you don't believe it, come to Mosport for a BMW Club event and you will see lots of 15K Mustangs beating the absolute crap out of brand new M3's, Porche 944's, and just about anything else out there.

There is something to be said for buying a 15 year old Ford and outrunning BMW's worth 5 times as much. Most Mustang drivers would love to have a BMW for the track- the fact is that you can't build anything as fast for the same $$$ investment.

Keep an open mind- you'd be surprised what actually works in real life, on real race tracks.