PDA

View Full Version : cold start injector for e30 325i

SebSter
04-25-2004, 05:33 PM
i know its a long shot, but anyone?

NickP
04-25-2004, 05:50 PM
i's don't have a cold start injector, the CPU just increases the duty cycle... Do you maybe mean the idle speed motor?

SebSter
04-25-2004, 10:01 PM
hmm are you sure? cause the haynes manual mentions the cold start injector and thermotime switch...

my problem is it takes forever to start or sometimes wont even start on the first try but itll fire up right away on the second try... or if the engines been running and i turn it off for less than a minute itll fire up right away again, but if it gets to cool down a bit itll take forever to start again

what else could it be? fuel pump works, ecu as far as i know is fine cause the car runs allright once it starts, afm i tried with someone else's and no difference, i was looking for cracks in the intake hoses but couldnt find anything wrong there, changed sparkplugs, could still be the fuel pressure regulator i guess but again it works fine once its running

ps i need to pick up a set of h4s, u still have em for sale?

NickP
04-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Pretty sure, eta's had them but not i's... again the cold start enrichment was controlled by the ecu using the existing injectors.
The ecu gets this from a temperature sensor.

I have no idea what your problem may be but it sounds like you may be losing fuel pressure...

And I'm sold out of the H4's