PDA

View Full Version : My clutch squeaks as you push in and let out

BMW_M52_M20
06-05-2002, 01:09 AM
It is so annoying!!!! I have sprayed WD-40 up inside where the clutch pedal and mechanism is but it still sqeaks. I believe it is coming from the actual mechanism but I can't get access or find it in the engine. Has anyone had this? Oh yeah I have taken it to a stealer and they so called "Oiled the master slave cylinder or something like that" (basically took the clutch out and oiled it) butit is doing it again.
Any suggestions?
Jay

MPRESION
06-05-2002, 02:12 AM
You may want to check to see if its just the clutch pedal bushing. Those wear out more often then you think.

MP328
06-05-2002, 04:31 AM
i had that too for a day or two and then it was gone.

i didn't actually notice it stereo is always too loud. but that day i was driving with my dad so i turned the stereo down and he heard it and like you said it was freaking anoying.

i talked to the guy at my dealership but he only said put some wd-40 on it. and if that doesn't help they'll have a look at it. but it went away vy itself and never came back.

Gamite
06-05-2002, 05:13 AM
I had my gas pedal squeak, you can imagine how much more annoying that was.

kapolani
06-05-2002, 10:43 AM
I have the sqeek too! It happens once and awhile.. A more annoying problem is the way the clutch pedal travels to the left side sometimes and slips off of my clutch stop... Will the UUC bushings fix this problem??

Jesse
06-05-2002, 02:10 PM
Jay,

I had that problem with my Gas petal... I sprayed WD40 up and around anything that moves - but it never went away.

I ended up having to completely remove the carpet and lower dash cover to actually get at the entire mechanism - perhaps the oil is not reaching the entire area...? Simple I know but can be overlooked.

Hope this helps...

Jesse

BMW_M52_M20
06-05-2002, 03:21 PM
Thanks Jesse, I will try that today. It is so annoying because you can hear the squeak outside of the car too and sounds cheap!!!
Jay
*smoke*

Jesse
06-05-2002, 06:04 PM
Outside as well? Weird. Sounds like it may be a tough one to find.

I would put some oil into a spray bottle, hoist the car up a little and start spraying everything... it could also be the clutch release bearing or the flywheel spigot bearing (could need lubricating).

Good luck! :)

BMW_M52_M20
06-05-2002, 08:18 PM
Well I just oiled it like you mentioned and nothing changed.....
Well, looks like another trip to the shop to see whats wrong. Stupid thing!:mad:
Oh well, thanks for your help Jesse and everyone!

SickFinga
06-05-2002, 08:36 PM
My clutch is squeaking too, no idea what it is and really it doesn't bother me