PDA

View Full Version : Temp sensor outta whack...help!

BMWE30
04-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Hey guys...
I used the search but really didn't find much help on this subject. My 87 has the 6 button clock...the unit itself was screwed up and the screen was cracked...so I went to a junkyard and picked up a new one. Works amazing...looks perfect, and cost me $20! Anyway...my old unit always said 27 F....now ...this new working unit always says -22 F. I imagine its the outside temp sensor...but I cannot seem to find it under the front spolier anywhere. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want my outside temp. working! Thanks! :confused:

M50E30
04-25-2004, 08:29 AM
The outside temp sensor is located in the brake air duct attached to the front air dam (I think it is on the drivers side?). My brake duct fell off and I ran it over...well needless to say that my outside temp sensor didn't survive! :)

Euro_E30
04-25-2004, 04:16 PM
ahaha. mine always says -22 as well. i just didnt bother changing it. *mumble*

bmwm5lover
04-25-2004, 04:52 PM
mine always says -30

SebSter
04-25-2004, 05:14 PM
mine works, but it shows different values when the engine's off and when the engines on. when the engine is on, it shows correct outside temp, so when its off, im guessing it shows the inside temp??

chromius
04-27-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
The outside temp sensor is located in the brake air duct attached to the front air dam (I think it is on the drivers side?). My brake duct fell off and I ran it over...well needless to say that my outside temp sensor didn't survive! :)

LOL The exact same thing happend to me....havent bothered to fix it and it just constantly sais -30...I figure I will fix it eventually but its not my highest priority right now.

I think you can usually find cheap used sensors off e-bay for like $30

A little off topic but Sebster did you get your car painted? it looks black in your sig...

SebSter
04-27-2004, 04:19 PM
A little off topic but Sebster did you get your car painted? it looks black in your sig...

everyones saying it looks repainted in the pic... its just the lighting, my paints still the same ol charcoalish black with crappy chips all over the clearcoat :(

chromius
04-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by SebSter
everyones saying it looks repainted in the pic... its just the lighting, my paints still the same ol charcoalish black with crappy chips all over the clearcoat :(

It looks brand new. Can't tell there is anything wrong with it.*th-up*

SebSter
04-27-2004, 06:39 PM
hehe thx, but wait till u see it in person