PDA

View Full Version : eyebrows

munichman
04-24-2004, 05:17 PM
are eyebrows worth putting on my e30? if so how hard is the install?

Eurostyle
04-24-2004, 06:06 PM
I would say YES for sure! Thats the first mod poeple do in europe, its not expensive, easy to do (15min or less)! You have a few options tho...

Regular eyelids:

Eurostyle
04-24-2004, 06:08 PM
or Bad Boy style....

///m powered
04-24-2004, 06:34 PM
dont mean to sound like a newb,, but how do they install?
never really thought of getting eyebrows.. hmmmmm

Lil'Smoothie
04-24-2004, 07:38 PM
pop the hood and screw em down, it takes like 5 minutes
I paid 15 bucks for my eyebrows, and they've lasted years

Lennon
04-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Make sure you get self tapping screws, normal screw don't tend to last as long.

Jordan
04-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Normal eyebrows arent too bad, but I don't like them. The badboy eyebrow makes me wanna puke. However its no worse then the other bodyparts on that white car IMO.

Lennon
04-24-2004, 07:56 PM
You just don't like the idea of a bodykit? Or just that one in particular? BTW, which one do you have on your car, looks great, when is the poor baby going to see some paint?

MR 325
04-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Eyebrows look like shit

Jordan
04-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Lennon
You just don't like the idea of a bodykit? Or just that one in particular? BTW, which one do you have on your car, looks great, when is the poor baby going to see some paint?

I just fail to find anything appealing on Fil's eta. Its just as unattractive as it gets IMO.

I dont have a bodykit on my car, the whole car will be repainted in a month or so.

AmaRu
04-24-2004, 09:59 PM
where can you buy eyebrows for an e30?

Lennon
04-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Jordan
I just fail to find anything appealing on Fil's eta. Its just as unattractive as it gets IMO.

I dont have a bodykit on my car, the whole car will be repainted in a month or so.

Fair enough, its your opinion, I myself like it, aggressive, yet clean. Your car will look sweet once shes all done.. why is it that you only have the lower portion of your car prepped?

jeremy
04-24-2004, 11:34 PM
i am myself am tired of the eyebrow look.. they're very easy to install though...

all depends on what you like *th-up*

Jordan
04-24-2004, 11:41 PM
Because I had to make and fabricate everything... My car started out as a 87 325iS with the giant ugly aluminum bumpers. The front valance and plastic bumper were directly retrofitted. The from lip is a Rieger Infinity lip spoiler. The splitter on the lip is custom fabricated. The sideskirts are off a 97 328iS. They were cut down, trimmed, and reshaped to fit. The all the mounting brackets and end trim was fabricated for them. The rear bumper was also converted to plastic.. properly. Then most recently I took a 95 e36 M3 rear bumper and cut it in half horizontally, then that into many parts. I reshaped and bonded it to the bottom of the plastic bumper. I cut out the diffuser openings as well. Now I have a e36 M3 rear apron without the lousy fit of the AV3 kit. I'm working on completing the finish work on it right now.

Also to be more specific, the AV3 kit actually isn't a M3 rear bumper, its a normal non-m rear bumper with the diffuser grafted in. if you dont know the difference dont worry about it, but the e36 guys should.

I had the entire car shell repainted over a year ago, but all the unpainted parts were not put on until more recently.

Lennon
04-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Awsome, sounds like you really know what the hell your doing, and more props for doin it yourself. Get 'er painted man! Can't wait to see what she looks like completed. For now I'm quite happy how the stock Z looks like, so I think I'm just going to leaver her alone for now... only mods I'm thinkin will be under the hood. *th-up*

munichman
04-25-2004, 12:11 AM
thanks guys, where can i get em?

Jordan
04-25-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by munichman
thanks guys, where can i get em?

Did you check ebay? There are always tons of people selling that kinda junk on there.

Eurostyle
04-25-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by AmaRu
where can you buy eyebrows for an e30?

I got them...

SebSter
04-25-2004, 06:11 AM
i got some too, used but i took em off and theyre just sitting in the garage, if you dont mind a used pair with the mounting holes already drilled in lemme know, otherwise i might just slap em back on in the summer if im bored

punnzzells
04-28-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Eurostyle
I would say YES for sure! Thats the first mod poeple do in europe, its not expensive, easy to do (15min or less)! You have a few options tho...

Regular eyelids:

Fil.

Nevermind the eyebrows.... can you make some of the Hartge side skirts?

Mike

burnhard22
04-28-2004, 04:59 PM
I like them...
Mine are from Phil at Eurostyle
Later

Eurostyle
04-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by punnzzells
Fil.

Nevermind the eyebrows.... can you make some of the Hartge side skirts?

Mike

Yes i can but only when i know someone wants them for sure...I need to make new molds so it would take about 2 weeks after they are ordered.