PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for the e30

crusher
04-23-2004, 07:31 PM
Hey guys.. i acquired dan's felixthecat old 318i hehe :D Thx dan.. I finally can post on the e30 section j/k heheh

It's going to be my project car and hopefully when it's fully built it will be my autox/driving school/track car. I love e30 cars because of how it looks and feel when doing some nice sprinted driving. I finally got the chance to get one for a good price and very nice body.

First of all, my plan is.. strip the hell out of it i.e. seats anything i can strip i will strip it.

My question is, since i want this car to be registered/safetied so i can drive it to the autox/driving school/track sessions will it pass safety if I strip all stuff inside and have only the driver seats ??

I will also change the colour to black since I love black cars. Change springs to a much firmer one, install that LSD that dan has heheh, find used racing seats.

Is it easy to remove tints? How can I do this by myself?

Also, i'm going to take off the key lock at the trunk and install a pull/lock device and replace the keylocks on both the driver/passenger side to manual lock. I already unplug the central locking system heheh don't ask me why!! <- anyone has any experience with this?

As for the motor, i'm thinking six swap or maybe a higher engine? v8/v12 from a older 5/7 series. Anyone know what engines I can plant on this baby i.e. direct bolt-on? info/sites would be great.

Where can I find info about rollcages.

I'm doing all the stuff even painting (renting a paint boot) to learn and spend time with the car. I like working with cars, it's just sometimes the car doesn't like working with me lol..

Any suggestions?

Thx
Jeff

PS: I'm accepting donations for the project e30 ;) *drink* *wave*

Slowered318
04-23-2004, 07:45 PM
I'll bring the beer.. let me know when the tear apart is going to happen.. I have much experience with rippin things apart nicely!

will do work for parts :)

crusher
04-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Slowered318
does the rear seat have a ski boot pass through??? if so i'll buy that off you :)

wow that was fast heheh from what dan said it's from a 88 325 and it has the ski hole in it. I'm still not 100% if i wanna sell the seats until i'm certain I can get this safetied without em. But you have first dibs ;)

EDIT: wow i just saw the pic, nice mines almost looking like that heheh ;)

biotek
04-23-2004, 11:13 PM
congrats!

dont break to many clips *wiggle*

Slowered318
04-23-2004, 11:34 PM
NICE!

felixthecat
04-23-2004, 11:38 PM
did somebody says strip??*runs to the garage and gets his sawzall*im in!!!!!lol

T.Dot_E30
04-24-2004, 12:00 AM
lol keep dan away from his old car, im sure he'd like to cut it to pieces.

Looks like a good project.......

MAke a mini meet, get a few guys and im sure u'll have the car apart in no time.....jus dont let dan bring his sawzall

felixthecat
04-24-2004, 12:56 AM
but seriously..some super tight springs,take everything off that isnt usefull,stuff as much rubber as you can under it,and find a nice i or is motor and shave the head down,port and polish,intake....that car will fly..even with the lame old 4 it isnt really slow...well drivin an m coupe im sure alot of things seem slow...

Slowered318
04-24-2004, 01:00 AM
60% of the wireing can come out too.. and replace that heavy sunroof with a nice sheet of metal.. don't forget plastic windows

85eta
04-24-2004, 02:45 AM
how good are the front seats....they are black sport seats arent they? I might be interested if you are selling? unless of course you need them for driving the car? hehe:D

crusher
04-24-2004, 04:14 AM
they've seen wear heheh and there is tear at the driver side. and yes i'll need it for driving unless i can find a way to properly sit without seats heheh j/k

felixthecat
04-24-2004, 04:25 AM
milk crates work...kinda..i fell off one going around a corner once,it really sucked...*shiner*

*and dont ask why i was driving a car sitting on a milk crate...lol

Miguel
04-24-2004, 06:34 AM
Lemme know if you are gonna do something crazy.. I'll walk on over lol

crusher
04-25-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Miguel
Lemme know if you are gonna do something crazy.. I'll walk on over lol

hehe your always welcome to come down hehe nothing crazy yet :D