PDA

View Full Version : Looking at suplimentary cameras

Gamite
04-21-2004, 03:50 PM
I already have an F717, but its rather large and bulky for carrying around everday.

I've had my eye on the Canon SD10 for quite some while, but battery life concerns me. I also looked at older canon cameras. Basically, I want something easy to carry around, its a point a click camera, but I still want quality images. Zoom is not important to me, since I rarely zoom anyways. And not something expensive of course.

What do you guys think of this camera? Are there any similar cameras which I should also be looking into?

Important Factors:

Convenience.
Price.
Fairly good image quality.

Mikester
04-26-2004, 04:37 PM
hey gamite, im looking for something small with decent quality and inexpensive as well... i came across this: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3811998720&category=30019
the sample photos look pretty good but im still undecided...

Gamite
04-26-2004, 06:21 PM
the images arent working

Bill Gates
04-27-2004, 04:01 AM
i was actually thinking about picking up the SD10. however, i'm waiting around until a similar size model comes out thats uses CF memory.

when i tested the SD10, the build quality was solid. easy to navigate, and the form factor was awesome. the only thing i didn't like was the battery life, no optical zoom, and it uses SD memory (which i don't have). *thmbsdwn* i guess they have to use SD to keep the size small.

Sony Cybershot DSC-T1, would be another choice considering you can use the existing memory you have. plus it has 3x optical zoom. however, its got a hefty price tag @ $849, mind u its 5MP.

currently, its hard to find something that matches the SD10 pound for pound. size, build quality, and canon's lens quality.

tough choice!

WhadUpp
04-27-2004, 04:05 AM
currently, its hard to find something that matches the SD10 pound for pound. size, build quality, and lcanon's lens quality.

tough choice! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yup*th-up* Bill Gates said it all. That would be my pick too.

Mikester
04-27-2004, 08:14 AM
how much do you wanna spend?

Gamite
04-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Bill Gates
i was actually thinking about picking up the SD10. however, i'm waiting around until a similar size model comes out thats uses CF memory.

when i tested the SD10, the build quality was solid. easy to navigate, and the form factor was awesome. the only thing i didn't like was the battery life, no optical zoom, and it uses SD memory (which i don't have). *thmbsdwn* i guess they have to use SD to keep the size small.

Sony Cybershot DSC-T1, would be another choice considering you can use the existing memory you have. plus it has 3x optical zoom. however, its got a hefty price tag @ $849, mind u its 5MP.

currently, its hard to find something that matches the SD10 pound for pound. size, build quality, and canon's lens quality.

tough choice!

Zoom doesnt bother me since I hardly zoom, its a point and click camera anyways. I don't mind the memory, I can always go pick up something larger in cap.

But battery life bothers me, I don't know what the average time span for the battery is. I won't be taking a grousome a lot of pictures, so I guess it isnt that bad.

the DSC is nice, but way outa my price range. Definately looking for something cheaper since it is a secondary camera.

BMW_7
04-27-2004, 08:52 PM
I'll give you my Canon Powershot A200 for $100 bucks...

2 mp, 1600x1200, no optical zoom, 48MB CF

Gamite
04-28-2004, 04:16 AM
I kinda want something with rechargable batteries, and a lil better image quality than 2.0, otherwise I would have gotten that compact Sony one. But thanks for the offer!