PDA

View Full Version : Door L O C K E D

qimis
04-21-2004, 01:44 PM
I just found this problem yesterday morning, when I tried to unlock the driver's door, it felt a bit hard. Then I figured out the door wont lock after, it only locks if I'm inside the car, the key doesn't work to lock the car :shock:. Then, my passenger door wont open, the door lock knob wont go up :?, it wont open from outside either ... I've checked the fuse #27 which control the central lock, and the fuse is fine.

T.Dot_E30
04-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Ok so when you turn the key to open your car, do both doors open? or jus the driver door?

Did you try the passenger sider door and the trunk to see if its the driverside door lock thats the prob, or if its the central locking system thats not working properly

During the winter i broke my spare key in the driver side door lock :mad: It was cold and the lock was probably frozen, but the damn key broke so easliy.

I have an alarm, so i use that to open and close the doors......when it gets warmer ill try to get the broken key out

windsor318is
04-21-2004, 06:28 PM
leanord, my moms has the same problem, you have to lock it from the trunk

qimis
04-21-2004, 06:52 PM
did she fix the problem ? i went to vanduc today, he said he has to open the trim. i might just open it on the weekend at adriano's place. are you gonna work on your fender this weekend ? lemme know if you do, cause i'm gonna do mine too, might as well

ps: it LEONARD :D

qimis
04-22-2004, 01:20 AM
u p !

windsor318is
04-22-2004, 01:23 AM
ha ha, sorry i think ive spelled your name different everytime ive spelled it!!!

no she didnt fix it, just keeps walking to the trunk evertime she needs to actually lock the doors..... stupid i know.

i dunno about the fenders this weekend but ill be there

whizzer95
04-22-2004, 04:34 AM
Hey, guys... I have the same problem in my 87 Cabrio!
Both my driver's and passenger locks don't work! I have to use the trunk lock everytime to lock and unlock the doors.
All the locks work fine from the trunk... but not individually.
Can anyone fill me in on how to correct this probem?
Thanks.

qimis
04-22-2004, 12:55 PM
my trunk wont work either ... i can lock and unlock the trunk normally, but doesn't affect the doors :(

johnoz
04-23-2004, 01:46 AM
http://www.bmwe30.net/cgi-bin/datacgi/database.cgi?file=articles&report=view&ID=00053&Section=02

crusher
04-23-2004, 03:22 AM
can anyone tell me what is R/R in the webpage above?

9 Trunk lock to UNLOCK Trunk unlocks Goto OP #10
Trunk does not unlock If doors unlock, R/R Trunk lock motor and/or circuit
If doors do not unlock, R/R Trunk lock switch
R/R Control Unit if switch and circuit are OK

T.Dot_E30
04-23-2004, 03:29 AM
Replace and reinstall i think,

my uncle uses it when he writes on work orders... Re & Re

crusher
04-23-2004, 05:31 PM
thats weird how can you replace the trunk motor if the trunk is shut close? heheh

i'm going to convert drivers/side doors to mechanical locks and then convert the trunk to lever pull lock.

qimis
04-24-2004, 08:46 PM
fak ... i couldn't even open my gas filler lid :eek:

johnoz
04-24-2004, 09:22 PM
Qimis did you remove the fuse hence disabled the electrical lock system? From there rip the trunk carpet and pull the filler motor.

I am also having problems with my locks and I removed all the actuators and kind liking it since it is now vey easy to lock or unlock all doors and trunk.

Originally posted by qimis
fak ... i couldn't even open my gas filler lid :eek:

nzer
04-24-2004, 11:22 PM
On the e30 (i'm not sure about e36) The central locking relay has a shock sensor to throw all the door locks open when you have an accident - I think it can also keep all the doors locked. Might be worth a look.

qimis
04-25-2004, 12:45 AM
i just took the driver's door panel off, it seems like the mechanism / lock cylinder works fine, i have a feeling it's the electrical stuff that has a problem.

yup ! windsor318is just taught me how to pop out the gas lid *th-up*