PDA

View Full Version : Cavalier Driver wrecked my car...

dtthiaga
06-03-2002, 07:00 PM
My car got smoked at a traffic light by a Stupid 17Year old kid driving his Momís 98 Z24 Cavalier @ 100KM/H on a city road.

Itís not my bimmer, but my little Integra. The Cavalier rear ended a 86 Pontiac Grand Prix (big boat), which hit my car, causing my car to hit a Dodge Pickup (toe hook hit my front bumper). Everybody was okay, except the Grand Prix driver who had some back pains.

I really hope this kid gets charged with reckless driving. He was trying to swing into a free lane just after the construction area cleared, but couldnít. To move a big old Grand Prix/Monte Carlo like the way he did was crazy. The kid had the nerve to show attitude after the accident.

I think they will write the car off. Iím still waiting to hear from State Farm on the verdict. I really hate this no fault insurance. It always seems like the victim always pays.

What Iíve learnedÖ..

- Pay close attention to people behind you at lights (I always do, but just couldnít move out of the way fast enough).

- Leave lots and lots of room in front, while driving and stopping.

- Iíve been guilty of driving closer to people.. oppps.. :=) Leave room. You can get charged for driving to close even if itís not your fault.

- In an accident, get witnesses right away. They are worth every effort!!!!

- Itís just not worth it to get involved in any sort of altercation with stupid drivers on the road.

My Integra - Took Picture last Fall. Looks the same today.. at least before the accident.

Teddy

'88 325e
06-03-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by dtthiaga
The kid had the nerve to show attitude after the accident.

You have to be joking! :mad: I would have torn a strip off the little F@%K! Hope your car isn't a total write off.

Good luck,
Dave

PS - Nice to see that you are ok tho! *th-up*

Furious
06-03-2002, 07:57 PM
he had attitude,,i would have b1tch slaped the kid,,, but i also am glad your fine,,,,,sorry to hear

dtthiaga
06-03-2002, 08:12 PM
We set him straight, along with his two buddies before the cops came... :=)

Funny Thing.. the Grand Prix driver owns his own law firm. He's in the process of restoring that car. I think he's going to screw the punk over.

I've had too many run ins with Cavalier drivers. No offence to anyone.. it just that a lot of them want to race my Teg. I don't get it.. it's bone stock except for the rims and light tint.. They still want to..

Also, the parents came to take the kiddie home. His mom made the comment.. "Take a look at that bus, that's what you're going to be riding from now on".....

Side note..
Has anyone with a 318 semi raced a Teg on the highway. I find the two cars very similar. I think the gear ratio's are the same. 140KM @ 4100RPM, 5th on both. They've got the same characteristics to accelerate from 130 and beyond.. :=)

I hope they fix my Teg. Itís got a lot of sentimental value. Thatís why I kept it when I picked up the bimmer.

Teddy

Spartiatis
06-04-2002, 12:46 AM
At least your ok.

GladdoM3
06-04-2002, 09:19 AM
That sucks ! But at least it was with your intergra ....not your bmw !:P I personally would of torn a strip of the little punk.....especially if he gave me attitude ...little ****ers.
Glad youre OK *angel* Here's a little something to :) :cool:

VWGuy
06-04-2002, 01:01 PM
Hey Teddy, Sorry to hear about your accident
i saw your integra in town...do you have a younger brother named Chris by any chance

Betray
06-04-2002, 05:12 PM
/me hides.. wait it wasnt me...