PDA

View Full Version : Highstyle1624 / Charles Yi ripped me off!!!!!

Adriano
04-21-2004, 02:13 AM
Note to all BMW owners looking to purchase used parts from a member that goes by highstyle1624. His real name is Charles Yi. He is a liar and scammed me. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY.

To make a long story short, this guy at first seemed very cooperative in responding to all my emails and seemed to be more then willing to help me find the parts that I need for my E30. I have been waiting from November 2003 and have still not received the parts that I paid for. He did send me some parts, most not complete, broken with little to no value. To sum it up, this guy is a scammer. Promised me a dozen times that he was sending the parts but never replied with a tracking number. Below I have attached some of the emails if any one wants to read on feel free.

Here is the thread where he is trying to sell his parts:
http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113051

Here are the emails:

November 10, 2003
You are talking about Next Friday right? the 21st right? I will have the parts ready to ship out on This Friday 11/15.
I don't see why it would take over a week to get to you. I will send it out on Friday as long as I see payment made on paypal.
Thanks
Charles.

(I then send the paypal payment that same day.)

Hello again.
Good news. I am finished taking off all the parts for the ebrake. I am sending out a package tomorrow for you. Only thing is I will have to send you another package in two days with the SHIFTER BOOT and the CRUISE CONTROL LEVER. The shift boot that I have has holes in it and I broke the Cruise lever taking the steering wheel off!!! Sooooo mad !

Anyways, I do apologize for these two items being a couple days late but I will definately ship out tomorrow morning:
1) Windshield wiper motor
2) Rear Defrost Button
3) coolant level sensor
4) e-brake assembly.
I will email you a tracking numbet tomorrow.
Take care
Charles

November 30, 2003
Hello Adriano.
I sent out the stuff this morning.
Here is the ups tracking number.
1z010x500308211319 (this is not a tracking number, turned up invalid from UPS)
It should be there sometime in the beginning of next week like Tues. I hope that is quick enough for you.
I made sure it would get there in 3 business days.
Let me know how it goes and also I'll let you know when I send out the other stuff.
Thanks
Charles

Many emails went from myself to him with no response.

March 13, 2004
Adriano.
I am sorry man.
I was not ignoring your emails. I was not able to check my emails for a while. I am not trying to screw with you. Remeber how fast I sent out your other parts to you because you needed them in a hurry?
(this was only a couple of brake shoes, cruise leaver and a coolant sensor that did not work)
I would not do that to a fellow BMW owner.
I will send the items out and send you a tracking # within 5 days as you warned me.
Again, I am sorry that it took unreasonably so long.

I will take care of all this.

Charles,

--- Adriano Oppio <adriano@classic-tool.com> wrote:
> Charles,
> It looks like you are not even human enough to respond to my emails.
> If you do not ship the parts within the next 5 days and do not
> immediately email me a VALID tracking number, then I will post your
> name on every BMW sites to prevent any one else from getting screwed
> as you did to me.
>
> Please respond or I will have to follow thru with what I stated. It is
> a shame that some people just cannot be trusted. It seamed that you
> were on the right track initially but then decided to take my money
> and run.

I still have not received any parts or emails from him.

windsor318is
04-21-2004, 02:21 AM
ill post that up on the rest of the boards too...........

Soldo
04-21-2004, 02:25 AM
WHAT A BASTARD!

So what now, did you get this stuff off ebay? What are you gonna do to get back at him, feed his balls to his mother!!!

Adriano
04-21-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
WHAT A BASTARD!

So what now, did you get this stuff off ebay? What are you gonna do to get back at him, feed his balls to his mother!!!

Don't worry about that. I'm sure that after posting on all the BMW board in North America, it will really get his attention. I never got any parts yet but I'm not in a rush. I don't think that anyone will buy his sh!t anymore.

Thanks Al, I thaught that you were on night shift? Glad to see that you are working hard! LOL

windsor318is
04-21-2004, 02:42 AM
he he he all i do is press the green button, you know that!!!! you said he sells shit for his dad or something like that on ebay right???

Adriano
04-21-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by windsor318is
he he he all i do is press the green button, you know that!!!! you said he sells shit for his dad or something like that on ebay right???

Yup.
So does this mean that you are using the CAD/CAM stations for surfing the web? GOOD JOB!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of CNC machining!

A~G
04-22-2004, 07:11 AM
I'm sure that bastard will just put up a new name/ use a fake name to scam others.

Do u know where he's located? hire a hitman .. not to kill him.. just u know.. rough him up.. take his legs out or someting ;)

felixthecat
04-22-2004, 11:08 AM
get dirty on the guy...get his mother pregnant,rape his cat,drop kick his grandmother,beat up his kids and take there lunch money...i could go on and on....point is..dont let him get away with it!!post so hard he eventually commits suicide man...*th-up*

A~G
04-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by felixthecat
rape his cat

thatz pretty harsh coming from an animal lover... *no-no* ... what did the cat ever do to him?

:D

Ryousuke
04-23-2004, 07:16 PM
file a complaint with paypal

djcontra
04-27-2004, 06:28 PM
shit, these situations really suck. I have two theories as to what's happening. The guy either still has the parts on his car, and doesn't know how to remove them (hence the delays), or broke them while trying to remove them. It could also be the classic scam where, you fishook a buyer by giving them 'some' of the product, or a sampler, but never follow through with the rest of it once the whole lump sum is paid for :(

I'd file a complaint with paypal as well, they're somewhat helpful in these situations

Adriano
04-28-2004, 01:51 AM
I am going to take your advise and file a complaint with Paypal. Thanks guys.

Adriano
05-13-2004, 12:40 PM
The guy still never refunded my money. He emailed me soon after I posted. The last email was on May 5
Follow up on the A-hole that ripped me off:

Hello..
Yes your terms that you sent me are just fine with me.
I will send the $$$ ASAP.

Charles
--- Adriano Oppio <alo@mnsi.net> wrote:
> OK, so I sent you my terms last week and still never heard a response
> from you. Are you willing to compromise or not?
>
> Adriano Oppio
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: charles yi [mailto:ccycharles1@yahoo.com]
> Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2004 1:51 AM
> To: alo@mnsi.net
> Subject: Re: Charles, you might want to see this.
>
> Adriano...
> I sincerely apologize about not getting out the rest of your parts. I
> have and never had any intentions of ripping you off. I will gladly
> refung part of the money that was paid to me. Let me know what would
> satisfy you and we will try and work this out. I do recall sending
> some of the parts to you but what do you think is fair as far as the
> amount of refund goes?
> Again, I do apologize and will refund you for the parts not recieved.
>
> Charles.
>
>
> --- Adriano Oppio <alo@mnsi.net> wrote:
> > Hey Charles. Just wanted to bring a couple of websites to your
> > attention.
> > Please go to them as they might be interested.
> >
> >
>
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33459
> >
>
http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=1208350#post1208350
> >
>
http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131718
> >
>