PDA

View Full Version : I need a gauge cluster…

Spencer
04-20-2004, 02:37 AM
Does anyone have one that they are looking to sell? I'd rather one with new SI batteries. It must be in km’s and it must be working. I already have two that don’t work!

Thanks,

Spencer

BimmerKris
04-20-2004, 03:18 AM
hey you live in edmonton good. call laurence. He live just north of St Albert, has a BMW wrecking yard. Iv'e gotten to know him pretty well over the past couple years.

His # 460-7388

Spencer
04-20-2004, 03:42 AM
I've talked with Laurence; his parts are way over priced and he was a dick to me last time I was there.
He wanted over $300 for a used cluster and I had to give him my old one to get that price.
Also, all of his clusters have been sitting on a shelf and the SI batteries are dead. I spent 3 hours there last summer putting in countless clusters and none of them worked.

Laurence wanted $220 for a rear aluminum bumper in okay condition without the hardware or trim piece. That’s crazy.

If worst comes to worst Ill buy one from him. I bet once you get to know him he gives better prices.

Anyone else?

Spencer

jeremy
04-20-2004, 03:44 AM
300 for a used instrument cluster :D ...that is NUTS !!

BimmerKris
04-20-2004, 04:52 AM
yeah he hooks me up all the time. We went down there and he helped up do the center bearing, i never even bought it from him, it was brand new. I bought my car off of him, and he let us use his shop to do the motor swap and gave us all sorts of tips. He's a smart guy when it comes to bimmers. If i need anything for my car, he'll usally just give it it me, cause he doesn't want to sell a POS car, so he hooks me up pretty good. Maybe tell him i sent you. no promises though.

if not I and M imports is where i buy all my new parts, they're always cheaper then anyone.

# 454-6622

your best bet is to go in though, you'll be on the phone for a while cause it's always so busy. It's right on 156st just south of 118th ave, you'll see the sign on the side of the road.

Spencer
04-20-2004, 05:39 AM
Okay thanks.

He's only good to you because you bought your car there. He told me that once I buy a bunch of crap he'll give me better deals.

Anyone have a cluster?

Spencer

bmdoubleya
04-21-2004, 02:14 PM
I am thinking of buying a parts car with a working cluster ............ waht would you pay??

Spencer
04-21-2004, 07:27 PM
How many Km's on the cluster and what year is if from? Is it made by Motometer or VDO? Does it take a code plug? Does it have 5K or 7K tach?

I don't know what the going rate for a cluster is - How does $100 shipped sound?
I need other things too. Give me info on the parts car.

Spencer