PDA

View Full Version : Dead fuel pump

christian
04-20-2004, 02:17 AM
hey guys sunday i went out to start my 318i and it started fine but wouldn't idle worth shit, it would sputter around 600rpm, shacking really bad so i would shut it off then tried again same thing! i think its my fuel pump cuz its been making a loud buzzing noise latley and i dont think there was enough fuel flowing to idle right, any suggestions? they are much appretiated, thanx in advanced*sad* (sniff sniff)

snd84318i
04-20-2004, 03:03 AM
try warming it up if it does it still check your ide control unit . if the fuel pump didnt work it wouldnt start .

felixthecat
04-20-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by christian
hey guys sunday i went out to start my 318i and it started fine but wouldn't idle worth shit, it would sputter around 600rpm, shacking really bad so i would shut it off then tried again same thing! i think its my fuel pump cuz its been making a loud buzzing noise latley and i dont think there was enough fuel flowing to idle right, any suggestions? they are much appretiated, thanx in advanced*sad* (sniff sniff) change the fuel filter...sounds like the pump is working against the gunk caught in it..,its not the idle air control..when those go it idles wayyyyyy too high...also pull down the cover above your glove box and check that single wire plug to the left hand side of the fuel computer,see if its loose(this is what made my car run awful awile back)..if youve done all that and still no luck...change the pump.

SebSter
04-20-2004, 01:29 PM
change it asap, before you know it youre gonna get a million other problems turning up..trust me

christian
04-20-2004, 11:23 PM
hey guys thanx i will try what u said today and see if it helps,by the way felix ur car looks sic!! in your sig what color is that?
*th-up* *th-up* *th-up*

felixthecat
04-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by christian
hey guys thanx i will try what u said today and see if it helps,by the way felix ur car looks sic!! in your sig what color is that?
*th-up* *th-up* *th-up* photoshop blue:D

chromius
04-21-2004, 03:07 PM
get a fuel pressure guage, then check the pressure. That will tell you if the pump is bad, or if your FP regulator is bad.