PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1987 325is engine + trans

e36m3
04-19-2004, 10:16 PM
For sale:

1987 325is 2.5L engine + trans in mint condition

Approxmately 50,000km on rebuild. ECU and OBC included, without harness.

These are being parted out as a result of a minor underhood fire. The engine was not damaged, however the wiring and hoses took a beating.

Needs to sell ASAP to finance my E36 project. Highest realistic offer takes it.

RichardRWatson
04-19-2004, 11:39 PM
5 sp ?

Top and bottom overhaul or just top ?

Clutch replaced when rebuilt if 5 sp ?

all extras go with, alt, steering pump, A/C ?

Any ballpark $ on the package ?

THanks

Rick

Jari
04-20-2004, 12:46 AM
I know the guy selling it, and the car it came out of. I'm pretty sure any accessories that survived the fire will be included.

e36m3
04-20-2004, 04:44 AM
Yes, 5 speed. I can't be sure about the overhaul since the previous owner did it. Apparently the head has even been shaved to boost compression a bit. I will also include the exhaust system that came with the car if you need it.

The alternator migrated to my other E30, but the A/C compressor and so on is included. The A/C rad got toasted along with the engine rad. I have all sorts of parts left over after I swapped the suspension onto my current car.

I even have the complete E-test report on the engine if you'd like to see it. The car was on the road for 4 days after I certified it... unfortunately I took the chance of not putting fire insurance coverage on it and I paid the price big-time.

Rick, I see that you're from Ottawa. Ironically enough, that's where I bought the car. The fellow I bought the car from lived on Southport Drive and I can probably pass along his email address if you need more history on the engine.

All I can say is that this combo will make some E30 owner very happy in the near future.

ColdAccord
04-21-2004, 01:48 AM
im interested. e-mail me at Nerdigger@aol.com with pics and price (less tranny). thanks

e36m3
04-28-2004, 05:11 AM
This needs to go. $800 for the whole deal (engine + trans), or $600 for the engine. I'll even include the mass air sensor I spent $100 on to replace the melted unit.