PDA

View Full Version : Audi Rally video

ChrisTO
04-18-2004, 06:39 AM
mms://a178.v096910.c9691.e.vc.akamaistream.net/7/178/9691/v0009/audi.download.akamai.com/9691/history/04_mh/07_rallye_physik_b.wmv

anyone know how to save this?

Quack
04-20-2004, 04:06 AM
sorry Chris can't help you, I use to have this video somewhere, I gotta check
love those rally racers & their fancy foot work

///Milk
04-20-2004, 05:09 AM
gay..u can only stream..how lame!

SickFinga
04-20-2004, 10:17 AM
use asfrecorder to save it

thinair
04-20-2004, 03:31 PM
That's pretty nuts.

I dunno about some of those spectators though......Like who watches a rally race from the side of the course, on the outside of a corner? And you can actually notice the driver slowing down due to spectators on the course running away.

And left foot braking is soooo hard. Especially if it's something you've never done, my left foot is just used to stab the clutch, it doesn't have the sensitivity to modulate a brake.

Skunk#1
04-22-2004, 02:14 PM
left foot braking is easy, you have to take out your brake booster to get rid of power brakes, that makes it stiffer like the clutch. also on a race engine you want anything there that doesn't need to be or can cause a problem later off. if the hose connected to the booster gets a hole or comes disconnected your engine will go seriously lean, burn a piston, detonate, turn off. if any one of those happens you loose your brakes, have you ever tried to use brakes when your engine is off, good luck you have to push the booster and the master, that is why some of those race cars just slam into the wall, scca or others that i dont think require to remove booster. plus non power brakes are more easily manipulated, pressure sensitive.

thinair
04-22-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Skunk#1
left foot braking is easy, you have to take out your brake booster to get rid of power brakes, that makes it stiffer like the clutch. also on a race engine you want anything there that doesn't need to be or can cause a problem later off. if the hose connected to the booster gets a hole or comes disconnected your engine will go seriously lean, burn a piston, detonate, turn off. if any one of those happens you loose your brakes, have you ever tried to use brakes when your engine is off, good luck you have to push the booster and the master, that is why some of those race cars just slam into the wall, scca or others that i dont think require to remove booster. plus non power brakes are more easily manipulated, pressure sensitive.

Have you ever driven a car without power brakes? Let alone a 3000lbs car? My only 77 Civic didn't have power brakes, it don't remember it being all that great, and it was a very light car.