PDA

View Full Version : front rim stuck help

snd84318i
04-16-2004, 03:14 AM
i was taking off my front rim but couldnt . all the bolts come off but it was still on there tight . i bought some rim paint and wanted to do them this weekend . is there a secoundery wheel lock or something that i am missing . the rear camr off fine ,no hassal . i only tryed the driverside . planning to tryagain on sunday . anyhelp will be great thanks .

felixthecat
04-16-2004, 03:29 AM
oh man....ill bet you anything those aftermaket rims you have didnt have a big enough hole for the hub,now its jamed on there....you may not like this idea,but i got a set of 18's stuck on my chevette a couple of years ago.losen the bolts up(but not right off)and drive it slowly down the street swerving side to side(remember...slowly!!!!),they'll come loose.As soon as you feel it getting loose up front,stop right there,jack it up and put a stock rim on it.then do the next side.....i know how hard they are to get off,i layed under my car and booted the @#%$ out of the rim,it wouldnt come off.had to do it that way...then take a dremel or something and make the hole for the hub bigger..

BimmerKris
04-16-2004, 03:31 AM
rubber mallet

Quack
04-16-2004, 03:33 AM
get a large plastic or rubber hammer and hit it, everyone at dealers do it, or just kick it while lying on your back, it will come off, it's just corrosion, most common problem

MorningCruiser
04-16-2004, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Quack
get a large plastic or rubber hammer and hit it, everyone at dealers do it, or just kick it while lying on your back, it will come off, it's just corrosion, most common problem

He hopes it's corrosion...

I have Ford 3 spoke wheels I used for street with my Jeep, and i had to grind out the center to fit my hubs, now the front hubs are a tiny bit smaller than the rear, well, I put a front wheel on the back one weekend, and I hit it as HARD as I could with a 12lb sledge and it didn't come off, I had to heat up the wheel with the oxy/ace torch, hahahaha...

And yes, it went on like there was no problem...

///m powered
04-16-2004, 04:39 AM
damn you gus are scarin me !
hope my rims ever come off....

snd84318i
04-17-2004, 12:39 AM
yea i guess it must be stuck or something the car was sitting for about 2 years but the rear rims sit in good and come off no prob though . thanks guys ill try this weekend and see what happens .
felix you nuts lol bvut i see what you mean gota do what needs to be done right .thanks again

NickP
04-17-2004, 12:49 AM
Take all the lugbolts off except for the last one, leave it on by 4 or 5 turns.

Donkey kick the tire while the car is raised by a jack.

felixthecat
04-17-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by NickP
Take all the lugbolts off except for the last one, leave it on by 4 or 5 turns.

Donkey kick the tire while the car is raised by a jack. lmao@ the term"donkey kick"
if the donkey kick doesnt work,try the classic "bootfck it" method*th-up*

BimmerKris
04-17-2004, 05:14 AM
aw man i can just picture him down on all fours ready to bust his feet up as hard as he can.

aw man thats great

if the kick doesn't work, you can always go for the donkey punch

felixthecat
04-17-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by BimmerKris
if the kick doesn't work, you can always go for the donkey punch lmao....the more posts you make ,the more i realise...youre not all there eh?:huh?:

Miguel
04-17-2004, 07:20 AM
BFH it.

BFH = Big ****in Hammer

MorningCruiser
04-17-2004, 08:06 AM
Go 12lb sledge!

Or an 18lb spoon (if you don't know what I mean, don't ask)...

snd84318i
04-17-2004, 12:19 PM
lol you guys are buggin . my dad brought his puller with him from pa so tomorrow i will attach the hook he has and just pound away on that to yank off the rims . i was on my rear doing a double kick but no lck so i hope the puller works .

snd84318i
04-20-2004, 03:09 AM
just to let u guys know . i got them off . the rear rims got stuck on too . when i got them off i saw that the back of the rims were like caroded . one of the rims left a chunk on the rear drum . funny that one of the front rims came off fine no carosion at all . i guess from the snow and salt this must of happen . anyone had this happen to them any solutions . my dads friend said to lube it up with white grease and this wouldnt happen again .

ps. it took a 15 pound malet and one swing to lossen it off . after i hour with half a can of wd40 and a 1 pound hammer baning it from the back . my dad had the easy part after i spent all that time loosening it for him . :mad: should have brought it earlyer .