PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked the wagon :(

525driver
05-31-2002, 08:11 PM
Well today I wrecked my moms 525i Touring :mad: Heres what happend:

A few months ago my mom had the throttle stick wide open but the dealer said they fixed it, well I think that is what happened. I was driving out of the high school after finals, and when I started to turn the car when nuts, the throttle came wide open and I did a huge fishtail and lost controll, I tried to regain controll but failed. I then spun into the other lane, thank god no cars were coming, then spun back across the road and into the ditch across from the high school. A wrecker came and pulled it out and it looks ok but I blew a tire and ripped the back bumper off. The guys from the recker said that the suspension looked ok, but they couldn't tell for sure, but they thought that I might have bent a rim. The car is on the way up to the dealer right now so they can look at it tomorow, but from what I could see there was no major damage.

God my dad is going to kill me :(

btw this is my first post, I have been an avid reader for some time but never got around to registering, but man I needed to vent.

You guys with your m3's and m5's think your cars are fast? You have no idea what speed like that feels like, I now understand what speed really is and will probubly never drive the car again because I dont want that to happen again.

SickFinga
05-31-2002, 08:59 PM
damn I can't b;ieve this sh*t. One more bimmer is down

Gamite
05-31-2002, 09:04 PM
My god, that sounded scary dude. Hope everything turns out.

What the heck is going on with all the bimmers crashing? This is INSANE!!

525driver
05-31-2002, 09:46 PM
it was scary as hell i about shit myself

525driver
05-31-2002, 09:48 PM
i just hope that everything in the suspension is ok cuz if it is then the only real damage is the bumper

SickFinga
05-31-2002, 09:52 PM
today my frind came in school in his new 1987 325e.
so I skipped school so we can go to bmw dealership to ask CODE for his radio. so he was turning left, and his car strated to fishtail and he spun 180 degrees and hit the curb.
So when we came to the dealership we inspected the car and found out that he bent the rim real good.
but the guy was so excited abut real wheel drive car, so he wasn't even pissed, he just said I love bimmers.
he also has 1991 civic sedan.

525driver
05-31-2002, 09:59 PM
at least he still has his car
plus i dont even know for sure yet how much damage was done im just going by what i saw, and im no mechanic

ambasah
06-01-2002, 10:44 AM
I unfortunately can relate. Glad you're ok - that's the most important thing.

Rolled_Out
06-01-2002, 12:45 PM
for real, what's with all these crashes, im glad my car is in the shop, (tranny), yesterday afternoon a guy ran a red light and hit the back end of my g/f's CLK, she was all crying and stuff, freaking the **** out, her first accident, of course not her fault, but theres so many ****in retards out there who can't drive for shit...its getting out of hand now...

BMW BMXer
06-01-2002, 12:56 PM
I just had a little parking lot incident with a lady taking a turn to tight, I was dam near on the curb, still hit. Anyway My cars fine lil dent, hers needs to see a body shop and now I hafta deal with insurance :mad:

I hate parking lots, when I was talkin to her (she was nice) she told me she was making sure she didn't hit someone elses shopping cart...I suppose if I was familar with that plaza I woulda know there was not enuff room, O well..

Betray
06-01-2002, 01:54 PM
your girlfriend drives a clk? geez man my mom drives one ughh
i almost fishtailed the clk once but it lie took over the steering wheel atomatcly and drove me home =) way to go MB =)

but i also almost got into a serious crash with a gti, purly my fault he CAME OUTTA NO WHERER pure hidden behind a car when i was making a left... thank god he braked hard =)

:puke:

Furious
06-01-2002, 04:38 PM
another one bites the dust is kinda playing in my head right now,, its becoming a curse on the Maxbimmer guys,, please everyone be carefull ,,were all fortunate that were only wrecking our cars and not our bodies,,, i dont want to be replying to anything worse than these types of threads,,,(knock on wood),,
.....mark

killerart
06-03-2002, 02:51 AM
Man I know how you feel about fish tailing...Freaking a. I own a '79 528i 4spd. I was doing about a 100 on the freeway and once i got into the car pool lane my left rear tire completly blew out, the car was going straight for the center divider i just adjusted the steering wheel straight, then bam i lost control. spun out on the freeway doing 5 360s through the middle of traffic. My mom was sleeping in th back. I was like oh damn...but i stopped the car before even crashing into the wall... we spun around for like 100 feet. the only thing that happened was scratched the bumper and a bent rim. It was through LA traffic which sucks. How did i manage to get through, even i ahve no idea. Thank God.

GladdoM3
06-03-2002, 09:54 AM
whew..that was a close one !*devil*