PDA

View Full Version : EUROSTLYE body kits

felixthecat
04-14-2004, 09:09 PM
(this is an exeperience from last year as i was not yet a max member)....
bought a fiberglass body kit (m3 front,rieger rear,m3 sides)off of phil(eurostyle)i was very happy with the sides,as they fit perfectly.but the front and rear did not want to line up properly,i had to bend and rework my rear quarters(and i was not happy to do that considering i just flew to calgary to pick up the cleanest e30 i could find)there seemed to be more filling than cutting out of his claimed *extra* material,and the rear piece was so wavy i had to clamp 2 pieces of wood to it and leave it out in the sun for a few hours to get it strait(as it would not slip inbetween the l braket and body the way it was)... ..im curently selling my car because i think it looks like shit with that shody kit on(not the sole reason,but a big factor),i cant keep the fiberglass from cracking in the strangest places,and he couldn't be bothered to put some tabs on to mount the screens on,or something to mount the fogs on(just holes thin as paper)

...all in all not a good experience.i'd strongly recomend anyone considering one of his kits, to save up the extra couple hundred dollars and get the real thing...his quality seems to be hit and miss..*thmbsdwn*

edit:the cost of the kit was 1000$ at that time

Soldo
04-15-2004, 12:37 AM
You know what, i second this as well. I also bought a kit off fil, for my E36, the M3 front and M3 sides, and i was very disapointed with the fit as well. When i approached eurostyle, he said it should fit with ease, no such luck, so i took it to a good friend of mine who runs a very reputable body shop, and even HE had a really hard time gettin this bastard to fit, according to EUROSTYLE AND COMPANY my friend sucks with fitting body kits!
:rolleyes:

Anyways, i could NOT get the front to fit properly, and i'm sure it had nothing to do with my 'skill' level.

The sides weren't much of an issue, and i've never dealt with other fiberglass body kits, but these were very paper thin, but i dunno if thats a good thing! As for the front, bigest waste of money i've spent on my car, and the bumper isn't even expensive, but the quality to it, well....... *thmbsdwn* and like said, the mounting bracket for the foglights, again *thmbsdwn* !!

Now i'm not tryin to be bitter, normally i don't complain, and i have nothing against fil, and i've seen some peoples kits and they looked decent, feel sorry for the amount of time the body shop had to sepnd on them, but hey, such is life. I just want to give all the max people a heads up when considering purchasing fiberglass kits in general. Spend the extra bit on some quality kits!

*wiggle*

felixthecat
04-15-2004, 01:39 AM
heres some problems i had with fil's(eurostyle) fiberglass body kit..
first of all there were a few patches like this where it looked like it came right out of the mold and into my hands,poor finishing...there were more like this,but i sealed them...musta missed this one..*thmbsdwn*

felixthecat
04-15-2004, 01:42 AM
then the bubbleing and cracking..and the sides of the rear skirt didnt fit inbetween the L bracket and the body..there wasnt enough material....i cant stop the front and rear from cracking,and i dont bash the kit off curbs and stuff...i'll just come out and look at it and there'll be a new crack..or it has recracked on a part ive allready fixed before..its almost like the kit is shrinking..*thmbsdwn*

felixthecat
04-15-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by felixthecat
then the bubbleing and cracking..and the sides didnt fit inbetween the L bracket and the body..there wasnt enough material....

felixthecat
04-15-2004, 01:46 AM
and the paper thiness of the areas around the fog lights and signals,and he couldn't take the time to put some lil tabs on there to secure the screens...this might be kinda hard to see but its really thin..i could flick it and a chunk would break off....the whole lower half of the kit is a little thin...and im supposed to mount a foglight here???i just drilled some tiny holes and used tiny zip straps,and put mesh

felixthecat
04-15-2004, 01:52 AM
there was more problems,most ive fixed because ive had this car for a year now...i wish i had some pics from when i first got it so you could see how wavy the rear piece was..but theres a few things..id never buy another thing off of fil again..his customer service was awful,he kinda acted like he was doin me a huge favor selling it to me,didnt really wanna talk after i had bought it,like he didnt have time...If your considering it,dont bother,spend the couple hundred more on an mtech or something..save yourself the headaches*no-no* :confused:

SpoolinS6
04-15-2004, 03:49 AM
holy shit !

Eurostyle
04-15-2004, 07:13 AM
there was more problems,most ive fixed because ive had this car for a year now...i wish i had some pics from when i first got it so you could see how wavy the rear piece was..but theres a few things..id never buy another thing off of fil again..his customer service was awful,he kinda acted like he was doin me a huge favor selling it to me,didnt really wanna talk after i had bought it,like he didnt have time...If your considering it,dont bother,spend the couple hundred more on an mtech or something..save yourself the headaches*no-no* :confused:

Ha ha! That is the funnyest Sh#t ever!!! Didnt want to talk to you!!! My phone is ON 24/7 for people who care to get things solved! I back up my products 100%, if there was ANY defects (other then your poor fitting) it would have been fixed (by me) or replaced. If the quality or service was so bad, they i woudnt be in business for as long as i have. My customers have been very happy, and in a lot of cases come back to me eveytime they need something, even if it means to drive all the way from Montreal and Quebec city! I'm sorry you are one of the very few that are unhappy, if you came to see me the issue wold have been resolved.

gsbadbmr
04-15-2004, 01:58 PM
I have a 1987 325i e30 which used to have the UGLIEST stock oem bumpers ever produced (diving board aluminum bumpers). I also don't like the newer style plastic bumpers either, i think they look like crap, especially with all the "Lego" building blocks added to the front (ex. Reiger lip/is lip/homemade lips...), it just makes all kinds of added "lines" to the car and doesn't look clean enough to me, so i searched for bodykits that would make my e30 different than everyone elses.

The first kit i bought from Fil (Eurostyle) a few years ago was installed on my car without any kind of trimming whatsoever. I had the kit painted, then i installed it myself and it fit great.

I just recently bought another (2nd) kit from Fil (Eurostyle), and once again, the fitment was great. This new kit did however require some trimming (no big deal at all), which i did myself. I took my time with my dremel, and made the kit fit perfectly. Anyone who is purchasing the e36 m3 front bumper and/or e46 rear Reiger bumper for their e30 MUST, absolutely MUST use the stock oem front/rear rebars and bumper shocks from the 89-91 e30's to make the installation of the kit much easier, and to make the kit fit solid. If you are going to do the installation yourself (like i did), DO IT RIGHT!!!

I am very happy with Fil's (Eurostyle's) customer service, and very happy with the quality of his kits.
*th-up*

-gsbadbmr

gsbadbmr
04-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Felixthecat:

I was wondering who installed your bodykit, and i was wondering how it has been installed. Do you have the re-bars with the bumper shocks from the 89-91 e30's? Were your bumpers painted on or off the car, and who did the prep work on the kit? And something i don't understand at all is why do you have screws on the front bumper (beside the parking lights)?

:confused:

I am just trying to figure out what when wrong with your kit. The cracking is usually due to the fact that there is no support.... allowing the kit to move around alot and "flex". I can literally stand on my bumpers and they don't budge at all, nor do they move around

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but i'm glad you sold your car.*th-up*

-gsbadbmr

***Here is a picture of the front of your car with the screws showing on the front bumper.........:confused:

felixthecat
04-15-2004, 03:04 PM
my turn signals are pushed foward and screwed to the skirt to fill the holes better...the front doesnt have a rebar,but thats not were the proplems are..its mostly in the back .and i have the l bracket system, exactlly like eurostlyes car...i installed the kit myself,ive done quite a few of them on hondas and acuras..this one was a bitch..and i primed the kit and test fitted it before i mounted it and filled then edges..the rear seams like its shrinking almost..but its on there real good...i thought it might of been the heat at first,so i put more sheilding arond the muffler..no difference..i think i just got a poor kit..not enough resin maybe in the back?and the front lower half of my kit is paper thin..

T-spec
04-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Felix, it looks to me like you tried to fill the gap between the rear quarter panel(metal) and rear bumper(fiberglass) and this is were your having your main cracking problems. Is this the case? If so, that is your problem, you cannot fill gaps like that with just a little body filler, paint, or whatever you used. The 2 materials expand and contract at completely different rates and no matter what you do it will always crack.

As for Fils kits: I puchased a window spoiler off him before and it was a little wavy, he said he made the mould from an origional AC-Snitzer piece. Now heres the thing, I paid $100 for this spoiler, the ACS spoiler would've been at least $300, now I think a little sanding and fitting is worth saving $200.

Eurostyles kits (my opinion) and I'm sorry if you take offence to this Fil: I believe they are not the best quality but for the price he charges they are a hell of a deal.

felixthecat
04-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by T-spec
Felix, it looks to me like you tried to fill the gap between the rear quarter panel(metal) and rear bumper(fiberglass) and this is were your having your main cracking problems. Is this the case? If so, that is your problem, you cannot fill gaps like that with just a little body filler, paint, or whatever you used. The 2 materials expand and contract at completely different rates and no matter what you do it will always crack. i know..but the area in there wasnt supossed to need filing...it was either fiberbondo or that green stuff gm/chrysler uses to atatch there roofs(150$ a tube)

Eurostyle
04-15-2004, 06:10 PM
i know..but the area in there wasnt supossed to need filing...it was either fiberbondo or that green stuff gm/chrysler uses to atatch there roofs(150 a tube)...

Thats exactly what i'm saying, there was no way it needed filling! If you dont believe me (that goes for anyone else) you are more then welcome to come see my car, i'll take the bumper off and show you that there WAS NO filling involed AT all!!! It's not magic, just trim, prime and paint!

P.S what i think happened in your case is that you didnt trim enaugh on the side (near the back), that created a gap in the front, once you put pressure to bolt it on it started cracking. No matter how many times you fix it, if ther is pressure it would happen again. Make sure to find out where the contact point is, grind that off, release the pressure/tension and it would have no problems!*th-up*

felixthecat
04-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Eurostyle
Thats exactly what i'm saying, there was no way it needed filling! If you dont believe me (that goes for anyone else) you are more then welcome to come see my car, i'll take the bumper off and show you that there WAS NO filling involed AT all!!! It's not magic, just trim, prime and paint! theres no difference here fil..

Eurostyle
04-16-2004, 07:05 AM
Maybe a close up will help...

felixthecat
04-17-2004, 12:37 AM
.rear pass side..

Justin e36
04-18-2004, 03:22 AM
Eurostyles kits (my opinion) and I'm sorry if you take offence to this Fil: I believe they are not the best quality but for the price he charges they are a hell of a deal. [/B]

I did not buy anything from Eurostyle yet.. but I was thinking of grabbing some M3 side skirts, and a window spoiler... I'm thinking twice now. But I think the quote above sums things up nicely. It's up to me if I want quality, or to conserve money.

thanks for the pics and explanation Felix... it's good to have both positive and negative criticism for people like me, who are potential future buyers. *th-up*

felixthecat
04-18-2004, 07:16 AM
i feel like ive been a little too hard on fil,so im gonna put this all the best i can...... the sides i got off of him were great!just the front and the rear had some issues...its not like i hate the guy or something..i just think i got a couple of quickly whipped out pieces,and the quality suffered...now i dont have a problem with a guy trying to help ppl out with cheap kits..as long as you're not finishing these things poorly and just lookin to pull in the cash quick..take the time to test fit these things and make sure there finished properly and we'll all respect and bump you for it fil..its just when somebody pays 1000 or more dollars for something,you expect what you're told you're getting...just keep the quality up,dont just whip em out..id love to show off my car to other bmw owners and give your kit props..now you've been decent enough to not get nasty on these posts and reply,so i cant say your the total prick i thought you were..just do your best to not put out any shat pieces, 1 or 2 bad reviews can be hurt business more than 10 good ones will bump it up..you're the maxbimmer body kit man!you gotta keep it consistant or somebody else will come along and put you out...i have lots of spare time..i can see it now..."get your felixstyle body kit,700$ complete!"j/k..but in truth,i like alot of your stuff fil,its just my front&rear was a little too under finished,keep the quality consistant:cool:

Eurostyle
04-18-2004, 08:05 AM
come on...reply man...i see ya sittin in the room..or its such a long one its takin you awile..:Dyou and i are the only ones here this late at night
ps:im gonna erase this in a couple mins:D

Yeah, i still here! Its cool, thanks for making things clear...*th-up*

///M3
04-30-2004, 06:01 AM
i have side skirts and a front bumper from him. nice stuff. and hes a good guy. i recomend him to anyone