PDA

View Full Version : Wide Angle or TeleZoom?

Manimillion
04-14-2004, 08:02 AM
Here is the deal, I can pick either one...

0.66X wide angle or 1.5X Zoom converters for my G2...

I love wideangle, it could be useful for alot of shots, on the other hand zoom will be useful for nature photography and other crap, only place I see it being useful is at auto cross's and thats about it :confused:

I donno which one to pick :huh?:

WhadUpp
04-14-2004, 01:03 PM
A 1.5x teleconverter wont provide whole lot of zoom when since your camera already has a marginal zoom built into it so I would recommend a wide angle lens instead. If you really looking into zoom then check out the Olympus Utrazoom C series cameras with 10x zoom then get a teleconverter for that and voila...you have the equivalent of 640mm tele.

I have both a wideangle lens (Wcon 0.7) and teleconverter (Tcon1.7x) and I use both of them extensively.

Main reason for suggesting wideangle lens instead is that youre not going to get much zoom with 3x(optical) on the G2 which is around 102 mm so adding 1.5 teleconverter will give you 153mm....not worth it in my opinion.

Gamite
04-14-2004, 02:43 PM
I see more use for the wide angle, which is why I bought that before the tele.

Bill Gates
04-18-2004, 12:58 AM
i would definitely go with the wide vs. the tele. from the shots i've seen you take, the wide would be more useful when taking pictures of cars, and things indoors (since u will have limited space to work with).

i only use my tele when i have my tripod with me, since as u know, more tele. zoom is more sensitive to movement, plus your aperature will decrease (allowing less light) especially at night.

if you take alot of nature/landscape pics, then the tele. would be more useful. i use mine mostly for outdoors, and when i'm fully equipped.

also, the wide lens generally costs more then tele. zoom lens.

btw, i thought you just picked up the Rebel?

whiskeym3
04-18-2004, 08:04 AM
I agree with these guys, good advice, get the wide angle adaptor. But make sure that your on board flash wont be hindered by it. For the F707, you need an external flash with the camera, so keep that in mind.

Whiskey

PS. You're going to love going to car shows with a wide angle and a flash, thats where youre really goign to see the advantages.