PDA

View Full Version : S 600 Sedan does 0 to 60 in 3.3, to 100 in 8.5, 1/4 in 11.59 @120

AMG_POWER
04-12-2004, 07:36 PM
http://www.treynor.com/S600-ridealong.wmv

Damn these V-12's are unbelievably fast ....

This guys S600 has been in the Oct. '03 edition of Car & Driver magazine .... he has 650 horsepower .... so obviously been ECU reprogrammed, and he has the Renntech brakes and wheels ....
and his factory warranty has not been affected .... quite nice indeed.

BMW WHAAAAAAT?:moon: :D Ferarri whaaaT?:moon: :D POrsche whaaaaaaaat?:moon: :D

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/378297 <- his site.

tlaselva
04-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Again. :rolleyes:
Alway's judging a car on how fast it accelerates as it's the only performance criteria that matters.

Mercedes handles like Geyhounds in comparison's to BMW.
I'd take a 13 sec. M5 than any 11 sec Merc boat without even giving the Merc a look....*sleep*

Why doesn't Mercedes put there car's through Nurburgring?
Because they're times would be embarrasing, and they know it.....:rolleyes:
Jeez, even domestics are taking there car's there to gain some respect in the automotive world.
Times at Nurburgring is the defacto-standard in the automotive world in which cars are judged by. It takes a well balanced, well thought out, well engineered car to gain resepectable times there. Until Merc shows some respectable times on that track, IMO, there just a bunch of BMW wanna-be's.......

Comparing the S600 to anything Ferrari or Porsche is producing is a joke.

If all that matters is going fast, go buy a Turbo Hyabusa....:moon:

AMG_POWER
04-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva

If all that matters is going fast, go buy a Turbo Hyabusa....:moon:

I acctually might:) Been thinking about that.... but i like zx12r more....

anyway back on Topic, Yes i know what ya saying but still man admit that it's impressive, the boat this heavy doing 3.3 ..... That's as fast as enzo? And its comfy as rolls royse.

tlaselva
04-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Don't get me wrong.
The Merc is great if that's what you want.
Comfy ride, and brutally fast in acceleration.

But compared to an Ferrari, Porsche or BMW, sorry, no way.
For the driving enthusiast, who can appreciate ALL performance aspects of driving, ie. transitions, braking, predictable power delivery (something a S/C car fails miserably at) etc. the Merc leaves you disappointed.

If your serious about the ZX12, I'd hope for your sake that you have some good riding experience. Those bikes command alot of respect. That bike is suicide for anyone without a good dose of restraint, and years of riding experience.

Quack
04-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Mercedes isn't looking to take away customers from BMW, Ferrari or Porsche, MB cars are dedicated to daily driver business men that like to drive in comfort, but when they wants to giver the car has the power to, MB isn't claiming that their car can handle or anything like that, they already have their clientel, besides MB built their cars for the street & hwy's like the autobahn not the track, MB customers aren't race car drivers

AMG_POWER
04-13-2004, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Quack
Mercedes isn't looking to take away customers from BMW, Ferrari or Porsche, MB cars are dedicated to daily driver business men that like to drive in comfort, but when they wants to giver the car has the power to, MB isn't claiming that their car can handle or anything like that, they already have their clientel, besides MB built their cars for the street & hwy's like the autobahn not the track, MB customers aren't race car drivers

Gianpaolo_E46
04-13-2004, 02:43 AM
YEAAA ok, because that guy DOESN'T have money flowing out of his ass....A MB S600 with 650hp ISNT enough he also has a 1005 RWHP Dodge Viper Turbo

Quack
04-13-2004, 02:46 AM
the S600 is his family sedan grocery getter

b0jan
04-14-2004, 02:13 AM
wow, nice