PDA

View Full Version : Performance Brake Pads in COLOUR??

Daydream///M3
05-30-2002, 09:57 PM
I need to know of some good performance brake pads that are dustless.
Also... are there any performance pads that come in different colors?
Thanks

Gamite
05-31-2002, 03:45 AM
Why would it matter what colour they are? you cant see them.

SickFinga
05-31-2002, 03:50 AM
I hear that EBC GREEN are dustless and very good.
definetally my next pads
:mad: brake dust :mad:

Autotechnica
05-31-2002, 10:54 AM
Yes, EBC comes in black, red and green.

EBC Green = Green
EBC Red = Red
EBC Yellow = Black

And as Gamite mentioned it doesn't matter what colour the pads are. You won't see them unless you stick your head into your wheels.

Bryan

Gamite
05-31-2002, 01:34 PM
ah, maybe thats what he was refering to. :huh?:

Daydream///M3
05-31-2002, 06:54 PM
Thanks guys..... guess you're right .... doesnt matter what colour they are... oh... and I can see them through the brake calipers..... not too much but some nonetheless. My buddies got them on his ride and you can see them.... thats if you have wheels that expose the whole caliper.

SickFinga
06-01-2002, 07:31 PM
yes it does matter what colot they are

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/ebc/images/new_brakecomp.jpg

Autotechnica
06-01-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
yes it does matter what colot they are

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/ebc/images/new_brakecomp.jpg

Vlad,

I think what Daydream///M3 meant was that in general the colour of the brake pads won't matter appearence wise since you can't see the colour anyways.

Bryan

Daydream///M3
06-03-2002, 01:17 AM
Hey Bryan
I apologize about the whole shift knob thing. I was in a panic to get some cash for the cottage otherwise I wouldnt have been able to go out. I was kind of compelled to sell to whoever could get me the money the fastest at the time. Sorry!

Im also sorry to hear about your car! Hope you get a new one you like better.
Later

SJTrance
06-03-2002, 07:28 PM
I have the EBC green pads, and they can clearly be seen over my calipers which are red. I didn't even think about it, but I put those pads on last Christmas, and I was driving around with Christmas breaks! LOL! I'm particularily not a huge fan of the green colors, but I definitely love the pads. The best aftermarket pads I've had on my car since the stock ones. Very little dusting. I've even tracked them one day...all day... and no problems with them. I had them smoking each time I came off the track, and still no rotor warpage. That is what people complain of with these pads. But then, I also take precautions that after I really get on the pads, and I come stop or come off the track, I don't just keep my foot on the brake for too long while I'm stopped and I don't put my parking brake up. Also, if I ride them hard or after a long trip, I don't wash the car/brakes immediately.