PDA

View Full Version : Going to the track? How do I get involved?

BMW_M52_M20
05-30-2002, 08:31 PM
My uncle is President of the Upper Canada division for the Porsche club of America. I recently went to a Porsche track/training day at Mosport a couple of weeks ago? I am interested in this kind of thing and would love to learn how to do that kind of stuff.
Is being a BMW Canada member the only way to get involved???
Oh yeah, my uncle is picking up his 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S (Yellow) in a few days. I will post some picks when he gets it.
ciao
Jay
:P

Daydream///M3
05-30-2002, 10:05 PM
Hey Jay,
If you want the rims that my friend Mark wanted to sell you... he'll sell them to you for 400 bucks Canadian with the tires he said.... not sure how much tread is left. They are the 5 spoke 16inch Oem BMW wheels... you've seen them.
Let me know if you want them
Gavin

BMW_M52_M20
05-30-2002, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I would like to buy them, but I will need a few days to think about it if that is okay.
Thanks
Jay

GR8 Ride
05-31-2002, 12:20 AM
Jay,

First of all, join the BMW Club of Canada (Trillium Chapter here in South Western Ontario...).

If you're interested, there is a three day event at Mosport this weekend. It's LONG since full, but you're more than welcome to stop by, and see how such events are run, and what you can expect, and what is expected of you.

It's very addictive, and the BMW Club runs some of the premier schools in the area.

We can certainly arrange for you to get a ride out with someone, so you'll get a feel for what goes on here.

The BMW Club runs about 4 schools a year, primarily at Mosport.

Several *spin-off* events from the BMW Club run driving schools and lapping days at other local tracks, such as Cayuga (temporarily shut down) and Shannonville.

If you need any further information, feel free to ask.

I'll be at Mosport Friday, Saturday and Sunday; you're welcome to stop by.

Pat