PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth upgrading to M3 suspension?

BMW_M52_M20
05-30-2002, 03:51 PM
I have a 98 323is stock suspension (added X brace), (non sport suspension) and I feel the car is pretty tight. Now, I know I can get M3 sways, but how do these differ from the stock ones I have on the car? Also, will M3 springs help my suspension out at all or is it not worth it? I see a lot of M3 suspesion bits and peices and have been interested to buy them. I know it is always better to upgrade to an aftermarket set but being 19, I can't blow everything on my car.
Thanks for the imput
Jay

GladdoM3
05-31-2002, 10:22 AM
Save up your money and throw a set of 18's or 19' rims on your car ! With the tire/rim combo and the list of mods you have done to your car already, youre car will handle a lot different with the tires on them ! It made a world of difference when i went from the 16' stock celica wheels, to an aftermarket set of 18's ! The car was stiffer, and hugged through the corners !

My 2 Centz*th-up* *uzi*

Avus Blue Rob
06-06-2002, 05:51 PM
I just moved to M3 suspension all around (from the Sport suspension).

The M front sway bar bolts to the struts, so it will not work on its own. You should also look at M3 control arms - more money that stock, but sharpens turn-in.

If you are on a budget, and want a definite improvement, I've got my old sport suspension for sale...

E36 Sport Suspension For Sale (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3373)

I bought the car new, and test drove both the sport and stock suspensions. The sport upgrade blew me away - no lean in the corners, visibly lower. I had to have it.

Go for it!