PDA

View Full Version : Hardwiring windows...

BMWE30
04-10-2004, 03:40 AM
Well guys...here's my dilemma....
I cannot find out what the problem is with my power windows. Its in the wiring somewhere. I want to know if I can hardwire them to the battery from the PW circuit breaker. I figure the breaker can act like a fuse, or i can even get an inline fuse or whatever, and just run new wire to the battery. Will this work, opinions? I know the problem is not from the breaker to the windows, its behind it. Im sick of not having working windows...please help!

ZiMMie
04-10-2004, 04:24 AM
Kick the door panel.. or shut it really hard. sometimes it works :D

e30bim
04-10-2004, 04:32 AM
I had that problem before as well. Does your sunroof open and close still (is its power). And are the lights even illuminated at the switches? Have you checked the fuse? My problem was the two wires got unplugged somehow behind the dash breaker switch. But from there those fat green wires just go to the fuse box. So what you have to do, assuming a wire got cut or worn out behind the dash is run a new power wire to the fuse box through the firewall behind the dash. Odds are you wont have to its probably something really small.
Lowe

BMWE30
04-10-2004, 08:31 PM
No...lights are not illuminated at switches...circuit breaker wires are on...the wires even on on the wiring block under the knee bolster...yes...the door trick worked like once...and nothings loose in each door...I just wanna run a new wire to the dash breaker and that should act like a fuse and power my system. I figure it wont drain the batt since the windows will only work when the switches are pressed...right? Or should I run one off ignition wire? Help me out here...I dont know if I can handle running wires to the fuse box.