PDA

View Full Version : No MPH gauge on e46 sedan?

telegix
05-30-2002, 10:00 AM
I just received my car and noticed something... There's no MPH gauge on the dash like all my other canadian cars had..? Or is there someway to change something that i've overlooked..

Harry
05-30-2002, 12:12 PM
Theres no MPH on my e36 either, makes it very difficult to drive through the states

straight_6
05-30-2002, 02:15 PM
I don,t think any bimmers other then the US has mph on the gage. My car is an 88 and i don,t have mph. Some one correct me if I,m wrong.

SohJai
05-30-2002, 03:52 PM
Ya, it's very inconvient going to the US. But I wouldn't drive my bmw to states anyhow.

GR8 Ride
05-30-2002, 04:03 PM
I'm actually giving some serious consideration to replacing my gauge faces with US spec ones, just to get the MPH readings...

I also prefer the MPG readings as opposed to L/100 km junk....

I'll end up going with the silver faced gauges, similar to what I have now.

Anybody want to buy a set of Canadian spec silver faced gauges?

Pat

telegix
05-30-2002, 06:26 PM
The cheapest ass cars today even have MPH written in small writing.. I remeber my '85 corolla had it.. Come on guys.... They could have made that small effort.. I do hate MPH anyhow along with the MPG even more.. The worst is fahrenheit. A better solution would have been how it's in my wife's Cadi STS.. It has nothing written basicly. You can select between KM and MPH and the little speed stick will show either and light up KM/H or MPH on the dash...

Slowered318
05-31-2002, 01:22 AM
when your in the states just double the what the speed limit is and don't drive over that.. you'll be speeding slightly but it's really easy and quick

example: speed limit 30mph you go 60km/h
speed limit 55mph you go 110km/h

SickFinga
05-31-2002, 02:28 AM
MPH, farneheit, inches, all this american crap is BS.
No one uses it except US.They like always want to be different.
All their numbeer doesn't make any sense.

straight_6
05-31-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
MPH, farneheit, inches, all this american crap is BS.
No one uses it except US.They like always want to be different.
All their numbeer doesn't make any sense.

Could'nt have said it any better my self.*th-up*

telegix
06-01-2002, 08:40 AM
I spoke to some kids once who said the following. In school they do indeed learn metric today. It took the class like 1 hour to learn metric and how easy it is to convert between the various sizes.. When it came to imperial they couldn't figure out squat all and everyone was confused... I'm still confused to this day.. Who has a body temp of 98F? We all do... Stupid.... I think the time will come, but a good start would be to begin to write the MPH and KM on the same size...

Slowered318
06-01-2002, 10:40 PM
I don't want my gauges all cluttered up with imperial!

It's funny sometimes when you ask for directions and sometimes people say "oh yeah it's 5 miles up the road on the left" what the hell.. you live in CANADA!

M3Turboca
06-02-2002, 12:19 PM
That's if you need MPH and KPH

BMW BMXer
06-02-2002, 01:23 PM
I have mph in the big letter and km in small, everyone thinks I drive slow, so I hafta explain it often

my car came from atl, bad pic but u get the idea