PDA

View Full Version : I got into an accident...

ambasah
05-30-2002, 02:30 AM
I just got home and am too pissed to go into details. I have to deal with the insurance company tomorrow. My 2001 325 convertible sustained heavy damage.

Can you guys give me any advice when dealing with the insurance company??

Betray
05-30-2002, 02:39 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo arnt you the guy i met with vlad at a E46 meet? Noooooo stop crashing guys...

EMPOWERD
05-30-2002, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by ambasah
I just got home and am too pissed to go into details. I have to deal with the insurance company tomorrow. My 2001 325 convertible sustained heavy damage.

Can you guys give me any advice when dealing with the insurance company??

Hmmm.... sorry to hear that, not looking forward to the pic either, your car was gorgeous. The insurance is pretty straight forward, If it's your fault (even partially).... they'll rip you a new asshole come renewal time, but they always treat you like gold when dealing with them on the phone (as long at it's not regarding a late payment). Good luck.

Gamite
05-30-2002, 04:08 AM
Oh man, we're dropping like flies. Sorry to hear that about your car man, it was sweet. Hope it turns out ok.

But as with everyone else, the most important thing is that your ok.

SickFinga
05-30-2002, 04:35 AM
OMG man, we are losing bimmer!!! Wasup with that?
ambasah, how bad was the accident? Whose fault was that?
How did it happen? Photos?

damn, ambasah that really sucks!!!

Betray, yeah that was ambasah.

Furious
05-30-2002, 08:29 AM
not another one,,,,,,sorry to hear about it man,, when your ready to talk give us the gorry details,, good luck with the insurance co. id give advice but it all depends on the situation at hand

bimmersport
05-30-2002, 08:45 AM
OMG!!!! I can't believe it! Just saw your car in my neighborhood last week (did you get the maXbimmer card I left ya?)....

How bad was it? Let me know if I can help you out at all.

I think that we are all jinxed...becareful you guys!!! This is truly unbelievable!!!:(

KIRASIR
05-30-2002, 10:51 AM
:(

Razkal
05-30-2002, 11:09 AM
Oh no!!

Ambasah I am really sad to hear that man. Your car was my favourite at the meet! ;)

Autotechnica
05-30-2002, 11:15 AM
Sorry to hear that man, glad your ok. Seems like every week we loose a BMW.. whats goin on?

Bryan

Betray
05-30-2002, 12:44 PM
BMW Birth/Death Rate Statistics

4-5 Bmw Deaths Per Month
1-2 Bmw Births Per Month

i figure if i get a BMW the SAME month something awfull will happen.... that or i cant afford it and i loose it.

thinair
05-30-2002, 02:34 PM
That's not cool at all.....such a beautiful car....:(

M5 Fanatic
05-30-2002, 03:53 PM
damn not another one...........!!!!!!!!!!!! ****!! this sux we're gonna run out of bimmers soon........... this is horrible.......
sorry to hear...... i know how it feels to have your baby smashed.......but be straight with them...........which insurance company u with??????

hawai-Ian
05-30-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
oh...frik!!

sorry to hear that...

Guys,stop driving like me...It's not good to drive like me..hahahohohoh:rolleyes:

brain in your right foot?!?! *no-no* *drunk* :P :D

ambasah
05-31-2002, 10:54 AM
Thank you everyone for the kind words- they are appreciated.

I was going Westbound on Lakeshore on the Jamison exit to get onto the QEW. I looked quickly to my left to merge. The van in front of me was also merging, but he decided to come to a complete stop! I slammed on my breaks, but hit him.

I wasn't going fast and hit him at about 10km/hr. My airbags didn't even go off. The van had next to no damage. His bumper was completely intact. Just a minor scrape.

The same cannot be said for my car. I can't believe the damage I got for hitting someone at 10km per hour!

Luckily it looked worse than it was. I went to the dealer, and was told all of the damage was cosmetic and easily replaced. There was no damage to the engine etc.

The insurance company has actually been great. Since this is my first claim ever, they said my rate would only increase by 10%. I can live with that, although I do have a $1000 deductible.

Again, thanks for all the kind wishes.

ps - bimmersport - yeah that was me. I was visiting my uncle.

SickFinga
05-31-2002, 12:55 PM
Do not believe that +10% BS.
If you have money fix it on your own.
Accident will be in your record for 6 years.
It would be cheaper to fix on your own without insurance.
When I was in the accident, I didn't clim it to my insurance.
F*ck them, the will be ripping you oofff for the next couple of years.
So instead of new shocks or any other mods, fix you car wiit you own money.

Betray
05-31-2002, 01:00 PM
i got a 1000 doller detuctble too, but the odd thing is my cars only worth like 3k now? and i pay like 2k a year for insurance
so what the hell am i doing paying for insurance is my question... incase i kill someone? sue me... im broke as it is cause of ****ing inusrance...

urghh cavalier and so much!!