PDA

View Full Version : Palm Treo 600 {NIB}

E302NV
04-09-2004, 04:28 AM
Brand new

I got this from work I have no use for something like this.

I have only opened it to make sure that it works there have be no minutes used on the phone.

Here is a link to the phone itself
http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wireless/content/phones/Phone_Details.asp?name=palmOne%20Treo%20600&number=4&shopperID=QCG15QAB5XFA8M6FL9QF9PUVX5D8CVB6

I am asking $ 750 obo

This is unlocked without a contract

Geoff

E302NV
04-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Bump

Gotta sell its no good to me

318isCrazy
04-12-2004, 11:24 PM
pm'd you

Wilf
04-15-2004, 03:35 AM
Price from Rogers (at the URL you posted) is $599.99 with a 2 year plan - I'd be interested if you were a chunk less than they sell it for!

GR8 Ride
04-15-2004, 03:46 PM
I'd be willing to give you $500 cash for it, but no more than that, seeing as it's brand new from Rogers for $599.99

Pat

E302NV
04-15-2004, 04:00 PM
It is brand new from rogers for 599.99 on a 2 year contract.

I know alot of people that have signed contracts with rogers and broke there phones and now they are stuck buying a new phone for full price.

take a look at the price without the contract because that is what this is.

I will take a $100 off the price I originally was asking.

That means $650 for anyone interested

Geoff

GR8 Ride
04-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Yeah, but it's still cheaper for me to buy it from Rogers (as I don't have a contract with them) than to buy it from you.

Also, I get a no hassle warranty from Rogers, as opposed to any attempts I'll have to sort out warranty issues with your phone (which may very well be broken, for all we know).

The only way someone would pay your price for the phone is if they got stuck in a 2 year deal with Rogers and had somebody steal their phone on them. Otherwise, you're asking above retail price for the unit, which makes no sense.

Pat

E302NV
04-15-2004, 07:35 PM
I am almost sure you can read pat

Retail price on what I am offering is $874.99 I am selling it for $650 I dont understand how you consider that above retail price.

If you dont want it dont buy it. Its that simple.

I can gaurentee and show you when you pick it up that it works. I have sold alot of things on here and i dont think anybody has had any problems with me.

Geoff

E302NV
04-15-2004, 07:37 PM
By the way it is a mail in rebate you get so you do not actually get any cash back. They just take the difference and credit it to your bill.

GR8 Ride
04-15-2004, 08:05 PM
I can read just fine.

Yes, it's a mail in rebate on a new order. Should I be purchasing this phone from you, then I would be:

1) Incurring a cost to setup a new account from Rogers without having purchased a phone. Not sure what the charge is to purchase just a SIM card, but I'd imagine Rogers has one. SIM card charges are included with the purchase of a new phone from Rogers.

2) While I'm certain the phone works perfectly as it currently stands, I have no warranty route through Rogers with your phone, unlike the warranty that would exist should I buy the same unit directly from Rogers.

The purchase cost between your unit and the new unit from Rogers works out pretty close to even after about 3 months (based on the mail in rebate....obviously the phone is of little use without a monthly service plan). The major stumbling block is the lack of any warranty support on nearly a $900 phone; if there was at least a manufacturer's warranty which could be easily handled, then it would at least be a comparable (though not spectacular) deal.

If I wanted to go with something less than a 2 year contract, then it would be a good deal to go with your phone, provided some warranty issues could be mitigated.

Pat

E302NV
04-15-2004, 09:56 PM
The phone does have the warrenty from the manufacturer.

The warrenty card is included in the box. All you do is cut out the upc from the boxand fill out the card and mail it away.

A new sim card for the phone is $25 dollars and it does come in the box if im not mistaken. There will always be a charge for the activation no matter if your in the store or buy it private.

I think the phone is priced well and i will not take less then $650

Thanks
Geoff