PDA

View Full Version : Lowering my car

boss
05-29-2002, 05:06 PM
I'm planning to lower my car in the very near future....but I want to do it a perfect as possible......basically so I will have no problems more than if I kept it stock (tire wearing, fender rubbing, etc) ....I don't know what is the best way to do this......for the best price.....I will be getting Shocks and springs, Any advice on a camber kit........or any other suspension upgrades that I should look to invest in.......thanks....

Gamite
05-30-2002, 01:24 AM
Your best bet would probably to go with Bilstein shocks.

and either H&R or Eibach springs.

You can also get ACS or RD springs, but the first 2 seem to be the most popular, and they're cheaper.

Autotechnica
05-30-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by boss
I'm planning to lower my car in the very near future....but I want to do it a perfect as possible......basically so I will have no problems more than if I kept it stock (tire wearing, fender rubbing, etc) ....I don't know what is the best way to do this......for the best price.....I will be getting Shocks and springs, Any advice on a camber kit........or any other suspension upgrades that I should look to invest in.......thanks....

If you don't want to run into any problems with wearing out of parts quicker or maintence, you should keep your car stock. Lowering your car with stiffer shocks or springs put more stress on your chassis and other components. Things will definitely wear out faster.

Bryan