PDA

View Full Version : Repair list wont stop growing$$ Need opinions

bmdoubleya
04-07-2004, 10:51 PM
The one Thing thats bugging me is what sounds like a loose belt but I'am fearing that its one of the pullies??? Anyone ever change any of the pullies?? My car has 330,000km on it....

Stuff I Need

Wheel bearing How often do you guys with moded suspensions change bearings??????

Steering rack Is it ok to buy a used rack or should I go new??

New cat back probaly cat also

Tires + 2 bent rims

Diff & tranny drive shaft seals

This is just some of the new problems I have an old list
to*mumble*

Another thing I dont get is my clutch slave is leaking its not even 3 years old???

T.Dot_E30
04-07-2004, 11:27 PM
I recently did a wheel bearing, i dont have a modded suspension thou.......as yet.

When my steering rack went i got a rebuilt one.....can't remember the price $200-300 i think.

Gurvinder
04-08-2004, 04:01 AM
sell it to me lol !!

chromius
04-08-2004, 08:02 PM
I've done 2 wheel bearings in the past year, and I don't have a modded suspension.:(

Why do you want to replace your catback? its stainless steel isn't it? I love your exhaust...thats what I was thinking of getting.

Bob Loblaw
04-08-2004, 08:21 PM
2 bent rims?? The ones you have on the car right now??? *sad*

bmdoubleya
04-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by chromius_e30
I've done 2 wheel bearings in the past year, and I don't have a modded suspension.:(

Why do you want to replace your catback? its stainless steel isn't it? I love your exhaust...thats what I was thinking of getting.

Well I read up on the triflo before I bought it and every where I looked said that they rust at the welds within 2 years..... I have had mine for 5 or 6 years now and that was with 3 or 4 winters on it and the weld is starting to split... but it should last a while longer*th-up*

You should buy one:) HOW Much were the wheel bearings per side???

bmdoubleya
04-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw
2 bent rims?? The ones you have on the car right now??? *sad*

Yep Huge pot hole*uzi* Its not so bad though I put the 2 bent ones on the rear

T.Dot_E30
04-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by bmdoubleya
You should buy one:) HOW Much were the wheel bearings per side??? [/B]

I paid $150 each, did it myself, its easy u jus need a big socket, i think it was 34mm im not sure.

chromius
04-09-2004, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by bmdoubleya

You should buy one:) HOW Much were the wheel bearings per side???

I think I paid about 220 for the front including labour, and the back one was a bit cheaper for some reason, I think it was about $175 including labour....not sure exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was around that. I would have to check my records.