PDA

View Full Version : Silver Z3 big mistake!

330DTM
05-28-2002, 07:41 PM
Okay, so it's not quite a race story, but I was in my friends car, Casablanca A4. Anyhow we're just driving around on lesile and sheppard going south on lesile.
All of a sudden, as we get rolling, this silver Z3 1.9L revs his engine pretty high for 1st gear and he passsed us.
Then I thought, this guy probably thought his car is faster than my friend's A4. So my A4 friend starts driving closer to the guy.
One thing I noticed is the PURPLE COLORED rear turning indicators, YUCK! The plate is EYES ONME
So my friend was bored and he wanted to play around w/this guy who probably thought his car is faster.
We drive through traffic and follow his tail, then he makes a rigth hander into a residential road and we followed him all the way to his house. From there we just turned back, but my friend had to the urge to show this guy a lesson if he didn't turn into the residential roads.

Anyways, Anyone recognize the owner of this car? Just a warning to that owner that he shouldn't act all cocky around my A4 friend, b/c his car isn't a stock 180hp car.

KIRASIR
05-28-2002, 07:54 PM
He might have had Downing Atlanta Supercharger under the hood.

Serge

Gamite
05-28-2002, 10:06 PM
LOL, you followed him right to his house?? he probably thought you guys were stalkers..

330DTM
05-28-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by KIRASIR
He might have had Downing Atlanta Supercharger under the hood.

Serge

Nope, Now downing Atlanta supercharger. I have a good ear on engine sounds, turbos, superchargers, etc, and I can imitate the sounds too with my voice:P

Obviously no supercharger

330DTM
05-28-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
LOL, you followed him right to his house?? he probably thought you guys were stalkers..

Hey Gamite,

LOL, yeah we followed him to his house. Anyways I bike around that area a lot so maybe I'll pay a visit again when I bike :P

GR8 Ride
05-28-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by 328DTM
Okay, so it's not quite a race story, but I was in my friends car, Casablanca A4. Anyhow we're just driving around on lesile and sheppard going south on lesile.
All of a sudden, as we get rolling, this silver Z3 1.9L revs his engine pretty high for 1st gear and he passsed us.
Then I thought, this guy probably thought his car is faster than my friend's A4. So my A4 friend starts driving closer to the guy.
One thing I noticed is the PURPLE COLORED rear turning indicators, YUCK! The plate is EYES ONME
So my friend was bored and he wanted to play around w/this guy who probably thought his car is faster.
We drive through traffic and follow his tail, then he makes a rigth hander into a residential road and we followed him all the way to his house. From there we just turned back, but my friend had to the urge to show this guy a lesson if he didn't turn into the residential roads.

Anyways, Anyone recognize the owner of this car? Just a warning to that owner that he shouldn't act all cocky around my A4 friend, b/c his car isn't a stock 180hp car.

So what did this guy do to deserve a threat like that? "Just a warning" What the $#@ is that about?

The 4 banger BMW motors NEED to be revved up to get much of anything about them; maybe he just drives like that.

Geesh. First you stalk the guy to his house, and then post threats about him acting cocky on the internet....

I'm just curious as to what *lesson* your friend was going to teach him? About what an idiot he is for racing on city streets?....

Take the racing to the track guys....it's where it belongs.

You guys are starting to sound like Rob....

Pat

GR8 Ride
05-28-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3

Hey Pat, leave me out of it!:mad:

I figured you'd get a kick out of that....

Pat

330DTM
05-28-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Bad-Karma

So what did this guy do to deserve a threat like that? "Just a warning" What the $#@ is that about?

The 4 banger BMW motors NEED to be revved up to get much of anything about them; maybe he just drives like that.

Geesh. First you stalk the guy to his house, and then post threats about him acting cocky on the internet....

I'm just curious as to what *lesson* your friend was going to teach him? About what an idiot he is for racing on city streets?....

Take the racing to the track guys....it's where it belongs.

You guys are starting to sound like Rob....

Pat

ANYHOW...
I was waiting for Pat or the track junkies to say this to my thread :P

Anyways, besides about the stupidity of what happened today, I know for a fact that he was trying to show off. Not only from reving up the engine to his body language, but blarring the music, having the left hand at the 12'o clock position on the steering wheel and changing lanes cutting through traffic, trying to run away and taking the corners quick.
Hmm now isn't that daily NORMAL DRIVING!!!!

I'm not here to say we should punish those who try to show off, but it was a typical action that teenagers do. Personally I don't take my agressive driving out on other drivers, as a teenager myself.

And I think you should cool it on ROB, because I'm sure there are many more idiotic drivers out there w/BMW's and Mercedes who drive like fools and pricks!

Plus, I'm sure any driver has gone through the stage of F**kin' around w/other drivers due to egotism and feel for power. I'm sure you "track'ers" have yourself before you guys started tracking seriously!!

GR8 Ride
05-29-2002, 08:06 AM
Hey Mike,

I understand there are idiot drivers out there; you just didn't say fully what this guy was doing.

What I hate, are threats made over the internet, specifically when it involves 3000+ lb cars; nobody wins a battle of road rage...and I must admit, if it was me that somebody followed home, I'd be looking for *solutions* of other than a vehicular nature, that's all.

It just seemed a little extreme to me to offer *just a warning* to some guy who thinks he has a fast car but doesn't....that's all.

Remember, there is ALWAYS a faster car out there.

From my own, OLD perspective, I look at the guys who weave back and forth through traffic and hope to heck those guys AREN'T going where I am....rather than following them.

Guys like that give EVERY driver a bad name, and not just the BMW crowd.

As to Rob, well, I know more about Rob that he thinks; I had an interesting conversation with the guy who owned Rob's car before he did (and an even more interesting conversation ABOUT that guy afterward...).

Needless to say, I'm not surprised the motor died shortly after Rob bought it...

Pat

GR8 Ride
05-29-2002, 08:13 AM

Hey Pat,it's really really dumb of you to take shots at me over the internet. I don't think you are being sarcastic either. PUT A STOP TO IT!!

Let's not get into who's dumb and who's not Rob; it's a battle you'll quickly lose. What are you going to do Rob? Beat me up over the internet? I really don't think my credibility is the one at stake here....I have better things to do that posting 2000+ posts on various sites around the 'net.

Shall I go dig up all your posts on DTMpower, Maxbimmer et al about your "240 kph stunts" on various highways, weaving through traffic etc? Yup, that really shows what a genius you are.

I'm glad you're an enthusiast Rob, but you're more extreme than most kids I've ever met; you automatically think that you're a better driver than everyone else, simply because you bought that M3. As I've said before; one of these days you're going to have a serious incident, and I can only pray that nobody I know is on the road while you're losing it...

It's your attitude Rob, and until that changes, I'm not going to *cool it*. If you can't take the heat, then I'd suggest you zip it.

Pat

GR8 Ride
05-29-2002, 10:42 AM
Well, it's not so much about Allan tracking the car, but more the matter that he street raced the thing endlessly, and was often attempting to out-run the cops.

He now has an E36 Euro M3 which was his brother's car before. He borrowed it one night to go street racing, and ended up getting chased by the police. Being the bright weed that he is, he tried to out-run the cops on city streets, and finally ended up parking his brother's Euro M3 into a concrete wall sideways, doing about $12,000 damage. About the only reason the insurance company fixed the car was because of it being a Euro.

His brother made him buy the car off him then (probably with Mom and Dad's money anyway...).

Seeing as how he treated that car, I can't imagine he treated the E30 M3 too well...so I wasn't surprised when your motor was toast.

Pat

Rolled_Out
05-29-2002, 12:32 PM
hey i wonder if that was the guy from B4-4, that queer boy band that thinks they are cool. One of the guys has a silver Z3, i saw him @ autohaus once and maranello once...if i was you i woulda threw an egg on his face.. stupid 21 year olds thinkin there all bad trying to pick up 25 year olds..yahhh OK!!! losers!

SickFinga
05-29-2002, 03:31 PM
haha once I was driving behind them and they were driving exactly the same 2 Z3's and a prelude, I had like 4 ppl in my car, and they told me who are they, so I did a fly-by and all of us showed them a finger :D

Rolled_Out
05-29-2002, 04:14 PM

1 of them drives an e36 M3 black with rims. I saw them at ESSO gas station at Yonge + Steeles last summer. 1 hit wonder hahahahaha!! and it wasn't even a hit!! hahahaha*uzi* when i saw them @ maranello last year, it was the same guy who now owns the silver Z3, who had the black E36, it is a 318is with 18's or 19's and an M3 badge...

330DTM
05-29-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
when i saw them @ maranello last year, it was the same guy who now owns the silver Z3, who had the black E36, it is a 318is with 18's or 19's and an M3 badge...

Rolled_out, am I missing something? I don't get about this silver Z3 you're talking about. Fill me in cause I'm lost, sorry :P

330DTM
05-29-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Bad-Karma
Hey Mike,

I understand there are idiot drivers out there; you just didn't say fully what this guy was doing.

What I hate, are threats made over the internet, specifically when it involves 3000+ lb cars; nobody wins a battle of road rage...and I must admit, if it was me that somebody followed home, I'd be looking for *solutions* of other than a vehicular nature, that's all.

It just seemed a little extreme to me to offer *just a warning* to some guy who thinks he has a fast car but doesn't....that's all.

Remember, there is ALWAYS a faster car out there.

From my own, OLD perspective, I look at the guys who weave back and forth through traffic and hope to heck those guys AREN'T going where I am....rather than following them.

Guys like that give EVERY driver a bad name, and not just the BMW crowd.

As to Rob, well, I know more about Rob that he thinks; I had an interesting conversation with the guy who owned Rob's car before he did (and an even more interesting conversation ABOUT that guy afterward...).

Needless to say, I'm not surprised the motor died shortly after Rob bought it...

Pat

Bad-Karma,

Yeah I hear you loud and clear. I totally respect what you say even if I initially got sparked from how you worded things in the first reply. IT's clear now so everything is good! :)

MatyBMW
05-30-2002, 11:53 AM
FROM BAD KARMA "Seeing as how he treated that car, I can't imagine he treated the E30 M3 too well...so I wasn't surprised when your motor was toast."

It just goes to show how some of these kids end up who recieve $2000 a week allowance from their parents in whatever country. They become non-appreciative of the value of money and posessions. Thats what happens when "things" are just handed to you ..

its SAD

Slowered318
05-31-2002, 01:43 AM
why does it surprise you that some guy in a souped up Z3 is driving around toronto like a maniac? anyone under 30 with a BMW drives crazy from time to time. plus you gotta rev the snot out of the M42/M44 bimmers to get any performance

He most likely got so annoyed it took so much work to get up to speed that he got pissed off and started driving the crap out of his car. I know what it's like.. happens to me a quite often!

Slowered318
05-31-2002, 01:45 AM
I think Joee drives a bmw cause he sings about it in one of his songs. Same with beenie man.. I'm sure he's got a few sim simma bimmaz *th-up*

kapolani
06-07-2002, 10:08 AM
I'm not flaming anyone but following someone home is not the smartest thing to do... This guy used to follow my mom home.. She didn't tell me until one day she mentioned it... I waited till he did it again (i was hiding in the garage). I ran out with my bat... Beat the shit out of his car and then pulled him out of the window and whipped his ass down the street...

It's all fun and games till you piss someone off... Just be careful... some people don't play around like that...

notjoe
06-08-2002, 08:37 AM
Why would you follow a guy home? I have to admit, i drive like an asshole sometimes, cut a guy off every now and then, but who doesnt drive like that? you're bound to piss someone off every now and then, however, if i saw you guys following me home i would be jumping out of my car with my tire iron and coming at you, after all, why else would you be following me home?

From the sounds of the email it is like you've never shown off, never blazed the stereo or anything like that. People in a little civic show off, does that mean you're going to follow him home because he is riced to the max?

just my 2 cents.

Jon@Bimmersport
06-09-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by kapolani
I'm not flaming anyone but following someone home is not the smartest thing to do... This guy used to follow my mom home.. She didn't tell me until one day she mentioned it... I waited till he did it again (i was hiding in the garage). I ran out with my bat... Beat the shit out of his car and then pulled him out of the window and whipped his ass down the street...

It's all fun and games till you piss someone off... Just be careful... some people don't play around like that...

hahahaha! gangsta styles...he deserved it

djcontra
06-13-2002, 01:42 PM
I ignore people who rev their car like that at me, unless it's a friend. In most cases people like that are dumbasses and would probably endanger themselves, myself, or innocent civilians with their wreckless driving. If you dont show any interest then they'll soon get the picture that nobody cares about them or their car.

I dont have anything to prove to most of those peepz out there, and neither should you. We all know our cars are in a different class all together (most of the time), but in this case we all know we're not a dumbass like the driver behind the wheel. He knows it, you know it, end of story =)

KJ-M3
07-04-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
hey i wonder if that was the guy from B4-4, that queer boy band that thinks they are cool. One of the guys has a silver Z3, i saw him @ autohaus once and maranello once...if i was you i woulda threw an egg on his face.. stupid 21 year olds thinkin there all bad trying to pick up 25 year olds..yahhh OK!!! losers!

One time when driving my old car, I saw this Silver Mustang Convertible on the highway that I wanted to embarrass. (He was with 2 of his friends, looking cocky as can be).

So I'm tailgating them up the 404, but he doesn't bite. Finally, we both get off at Finch and I'm in the middle lane, and he's in the left lane. I look over and guess who it is? It's the guys from B4-4. HAHAHAHAHAHA I was like SHIT, that would've been fun, racing the guys from B4-4 and leaving them in the dust.

djcontra
07-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by 328DTM

lol
i just realized that "EYESONME" is the name of the theme song to final fantasy 8. This guy sounds geeky