PDA

View Full Version : M Technik E39 suspension

miafori
04-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Does this E39 M528i have same suspension with M5 or ordinary 528i. It has stock 17 wheels, stock M5 bodykit etc. I want to convert its suspension to non-sport style. I desire more comfort. Should I install non-M style shocks and springs? or it has already ordinary E39 suspension?

What about electrical height adjustable suspension systems like Maxtrac etc? I don't have any information, are they feasible for BMWs? Any body have used them? and feedback?

///Greco540
04-03-2004, 01:47 PM
using the VIN call BMW Canada and check to see if it was ordered with the M Package, if it was then it has the M Tech Suspension which is somewhat similar but not exactly like the M5 suspension. Don't put m5 shocks/springs on it as they will lift the car.

The factory non M suspension should give you a more softer ride.

DavidM5
04-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Dude,
This guy is in Turkey!
I doubt BMW Canada has any answers for him...

Fern
04-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by DavidM5
Dude,
This guy is in Turkey!

I think ///Greco540's response of not using M5 suspension speaks volumes.

The suspension designed for a heavier car, ie: 540 or M5 will not be suitable for the 528 (period).

He has to research via vin the features the car came from factory ia: Mtechnic suspension, etc.

One way of knowing if you have mtechnic suspension is to find out what year this suspension became available on the 5er in your country. In Canada it was 2001.

Cheers,

//Fern

///Greco540
04-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by DavidM5
Dude,
This guy is in Turkey!

I guess neither do you....