PDA

View Full Version : suspension options for the m coupe

crusher
04-02-2004, 04:41 AM
hey guys..

its either a set of mz rims or lower the coupe. Just getting some ideas on what are good setup out there and if you already done suspension work on your coupe what are you using? and how much/where did you get it would be great too.

H&R+Bilstien ?

I don't think i need coils since i'm not going to be doing much tracking or driving school. I just want to lower the ride height a bit to kill that nasty wheel well gap hehe

what do you guys think? btw, if I get another set of mz3 rims i can put my 99% summer tires on it.

Jeff

Quack
04-02-2004, 04:46 AM
if you get a set of summer rims get a larger rim, maybe a 2 piece rim, than drop it 1-1.5 inches

97 Z3 2.8
04-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Yep, H&R Bilstein is a good combo. Beware of the negative camber associated with lowering a semi trailing arm rear suspension. It gets excessive.

I've got Eiback Prokits which actually dropped the rear more than the front (or it certainly looked that way). To solve this I picked up a set of spring pads from the Stealer for 12 bucks each. (10mm pads I believe). It does raise the butt a bit, but mine seemed uneven, and it really helped the straight line tracking as well as the coil bind I was experiencing.

crusher
04-07-2004, 07:08 PM
thanks for the info. i need to get that ride height lowered atleast 1/2 or 1 inc and then get the alignment.