PDA

View Full Version : ebay sold performance chips

Chriskb3
03-29-2004, 07:38 AM
Think the chips off of ebay are reliable? anyone had any experience with them? Theyre so cheap it makes me wonder if theyre crap...

ZiMMie
03-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Go MarkD chip. he its on this boad and ve heard only good sfuff about his chips.

Chriskb3
03-29-2004, 06:03 PM
Yes. I have heard alot about his chips and it seems like his chips are THE ones to get. thanks!

BTW anyone know how much his chips go for?

Mystikal
03-29-2004, 08:59 PM
$179US, but I think they are rising very soon. Act quick. http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/

Stay away from E-Bay chips, trust me.

BimmerKris
03-29-2004, 09:33 PM
I should be recieving mine soon, it is just a nockoff chip that i got pretty cheap, i'll test it in my sisters car before mine, but i'll let you know how it goes

Chriskb3
03-29-2004, 09:36 PM
hah, nice.

BBSe30
03-30-2004, 04:10 AM
Im tellin you....get the Ebay "Pro Formance" chip....I got one for dirt, and it works great...$37 to be exact....bid at the last minute...lol

Chriskb3
03-30-2004, 05:46 AM
man, thats crazy. I'm too scared that it will destroy my ecu.

MarkD
03-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Chriskb3
man, thats crazy. I'm too scared that it will destroy my ecu.

As I develop chips, my feedback on this will obviously look biased.

I have analysed on Ebay chip for an ETA and it appears to be a clone of an Autothority chip, but may also have some changes.
I can see the Autothority copyright in the data of this chip. The odd thing is that the timing is advanced an unsafe amount. That's why I suspect someone used the Autothoritu as a start and then gave the timing a big whack. I called Autothority last week and they said they no about the eBay chips, and that someone with one has burned a hole in 2 pistons.

So use at your own risk. I am surprised that people will buy a $40 chip to install in a car with the $500 air dam and expen$ive wheels/tires instead of buying something that is known to work well.

Someone in Calgary is running my ETA chip after removing his eBay special and he says there is a big difference.

I've sold about 20 ETA chips in the last 8 years and everyone is very happy with it.

MarkD