PDA

View Full Version : Car was keyed

Furious
05-25-2002, 01:17 PM
hey everyone ,,so last night, i was parked at a friends house, and this morning when i went to go home ,,i noticed a huge long scratch on my hood ,SOME ASSHOLE keyed my car,, and not just mine everyone on the street............:mad: :mad: :mad:

the scratch isnt too too deep, but may be deep enough that some kinda of scratch remover might not work,,,,but im not sure,,,,my question to all of you is.....can i use a scratch remover? and does it really work? and how often to i have to keep applying the stuff........thanks all.........

Betray
05-25-2002, 09:55 PM
sorry to hear... nmow i dont want a bmw just a shit box car

BLACKKNIGHT
05-26-2002, 12:46 PM
if its not deep....just in the clear coat just go to a detail shop and have it polished out

Furious
05-27-2002, 12:56 AM
actually its kinda deep,, (enough to show the white base coat under the paint),,,,

e36_freak
05-27-2002, 02:09 AM
try the scratch remover shit........only need to use it once...........but it's a lotta work tho....gotta polish it in hard....spend about 20 minutes on a pretty long scratch and gotta put alotta muscle grease into it...when i say alot... i mean like all your weight and strength into it...don't worry that shit'll buff out.....;)

Furious
05-27-2002, 02:44 AM
what type of sctach remover..and will there be enough???,,,,my scratch goes across the whole hood.

courtneym918
11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
yeah my car has been keyed 3 times in all different places by different people, while i was at school, shopping and at someones house. the last incodent was at school and that went all the way to the metal. the other two go from trunk to front door on both sides. i made sure i wasnt parked too close or did anything to piss anyone off, i even took my school sticker off of my car

Chris de la Cruz
11-06-2006, 09:13 PM
holy old

For a second there i thought mark's car was keyed with the new paint

Quack
11-06-2006, 09:18 PM
yeah that scared me as well, please don't bring back threads from 4 years ago, even 1 year ago is pretty bad :D

Darkness95m3
11-06-2006, 09:26 PM
holy old

For a second there i thought mark's car was keyed with the new paint

Glad some one is awake.

A.K.A. Blackout
11-06-2006, 09:31 PM
crap man, that scared me as well. I was thinking I just saw this car at the Bimmercruise in perfect condition... Glad to see this is a really old thread.

BMWags
11-06-2006, 09:33 PM
yeah my car has been keyed 3 times in all different places by different people, while i was at school, shopping and at someones house. the last incodent was at school and that went all the way to the metal. the other two go from trunk to front door on both sides. i made sure i wasnt parked too close or did anything to piss anyone off, i even took my school sticker off of my car

srry to hear about your luck:(

courtney eh? thats usualy a girls name....show yourself!!! ..er ..ur car I mean

Soldo
11-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear about this bullshit mark

I've used TURTLEWAX color match or some shit like that.... its a colored wax and comes with a colored like lipstick (of wax). You basically fill the scratch with the black wax, then apply the black polish/wax, and it worked pretty good considering how deep the scratch was!

Furious
11-06-2006, 09:42 PM
lol this was a long time ago 2002! i since had that repainted and since replaced teh hood with the carbon fibre.

M3ti Compact
11-06-2006, 10:02 PM
It's amazing how pissed people will get for no reason these days...Funny thing I noticed recently...people will get pissed off at you (well, me anyways) for APEXING TURNS...

It's gone so far that one time, after apexing the 401 Eastbound Morningside offramp, some old guy in a van following me 5 car lengths back, honked and gave me a finger when we stopped at the light.

Another time, this other ****face driving a Cadillac Catera starting swerving into my lane in a straight section of Brimley after I clearly smoked his ass in the downhill blind S corner just south of Finch.

duonghoang
11-06-2006, 10:20 PM
sorry for my language but i F*CKEN hate those bastards who key car, regardless whether the car is nice or not...what do you gain by doing that? knowing that you just ruined a persons car and they would have to get it fix with the money out of their pocket?

sorry to hear!

Soldo
11-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Guess Who Feels Like A Dumbass!

edisoname
11-06-2006, 10:24 PM
**** that guy's hole family and friends

Gamite
11-06-2006, 10:25 PM
geeze that sucks man, I'd be major pissed, esp after the new paint.

T.Dot_E30
11-06-2006, 10:26 PM
It's amazing how pissed people will get for no reason these days...Funny thing I noticed recently...people will get pissed off at you (well, me anyways) for APEXING TURNS...

It's gone so far that one time, after apexing the 401 Eastbound Morningside offramp, some old guy in a van following me 5 car lengths back, honked and gave me a finger when we stopped at the light.

Another time, this other ****face driving a Cadillac Catera starting swerving into my lane in a straight section of Brimley after I clearly smoked his ass in the downhill blind S corner just south of Finch.

Are you not saying in the lanes? maybe thats why they were honking at you....save the apexing for the track.

Thank god this is just an old thread, almost believed it.......but then i was thinking......hmm mark's car has been giving him troubles, surprised he's driving it.

Soldo
11-06-2006, 10:38 PM
geeze that sucks man, I'd be major pissed, esp after the new paint.

Hahaha, looks like your a dumbass too!

P.S. Check Marks original post date!
*shiner*

rdtx2005
11-06-2006, 10:45 PM
f-ing noobs bumping old threads

Gamite
11-06-2006, 10:54 PM
next guy who bumps a stupid thread like this gets banned for 2 years. :)

Quack
11-06-2006, 10:59 PM
next guy who bumps a stupid thread like this gets banned for 2 years. :)

I like this rule :D

propr'one
11-07-2006, 01:38 PM
... waiting this thread to get old so i can bump it

:P

Boots R
11-07-2006, 02:26 PM
... waiting this thread to get old so i can bump it

:P

LOL Ivan, you should go on an old thread bumping spree... just to mess with people :D

propr'one
11-07-2006, 02:49 PM
i do. ever since jay stopped coming back, and miguel became too cool for us, i gotta **** around every once and a while just to make sure julian's not getting soft on us:D

paul christians
11-07-2006, 02:51 PM
that suck man,hey is it a carbin hood too??????

propr'one
11-07-2006, 02:59 PM
paul c'mon man pay attention, this happened 4 years ago:D

windsor318is
11-07-2006, 03:04 PM
this thread SUCKS!

mpower1226
11-07-2006, 04:57 PM
If the scratch is deep enough that it actually penetrated through the clearcoat, then scratch remover or polishing will not help you.

The only options are to repaint the hood OR go to the dealership and grab a touchup paint.

With only using light pressure and small amount(very little) of paint to cover the scratch the area. What you need is you have to buildup the paint on the scratched area. Key thing here is to be patient. You have to touch it up little by little. Let it completly dry, then apply the touch up again then again then again Untill the paint on the scratched area is actually slightly higher, little bumpy when you touch it with your finger.

go grab 1500 grit sandpaper and 2000 sand paper. Soak it in the warm water for at least half an hour. Also grab a water sprayer, mix water with car shampoo and put it in the bottle.

grab the sprayer and constantly spraying on the surface and sand it with right hand but only in ONE DIRECTION(to make the sanding mark uniform so make it easier to take it out later).

Do not oversand the area. Constantly stop and check to see if the little paint blop you created is leveled like rest of other area.

Now, when the sanding is finished, the scratched part must be filled with new touchup paint and should be leveled and scratch must be very hard to detect. ALso the surface must be very cloudy with no shiny surface at all. Dont worry.

Grab a hand compound or aggresive polish, better yet, if you are doing with your hand and not with machine, grab scratch X from meguire(this takes out the sanding marks).

aplly it on the surface and use the Microfibre towel to rub the agent on the surface. Meguire or anyother hand type of scratch removers are usually contains diminishing agent, meaning that the cuttin power becmes less and less as you rub. so, just use little then apply some more and more.

When the surface shine is restored, then use the polish/wax to protect it.

These step actually covers scratch pretty good and wont be able to tell that it was there. This is how the bodyshop covers it.(if the scratched area is big, they would just spray it, and use rotary buffer to buff out. With machine, it would take less the 30 sec to buff out the sanding marks.)

mpower1226
11-07-2006, 05:00 PM
ah....you fawktard. I spent my mins to write up how to fix it and it was a thread from the past. ........i want my 2 mins back.

propr'one
11-07-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm going to do exactly what you posted man. thanks

Boots R
11-07-2006, 05:41 PM
ah....you fawktard. I spent my mins to write up how to fix it and it was a thread from the past. ........i want my 2 mins back.

hahaha, who cares if its a thread from the past... your post was very informative.

p.s. how are those switches workin out for you? *wave*

Gamite
11-07-2006, 07:03 PM

sucker :)

paul christians
11-07-2006, 08:29 PM
shit who brought this back from the dead????you Iven you B.....hehehehe...

Stephanie
11-07-2006, 08:47 PM
lmfao... you guys are unbelievable...

propr'one
11-07-2006, 09:04 PM
that's what SHE said.

no really, she did. look:
lmfao... you guys are unbelievable...

Stephanie
11-07-2006, 09:07 PM
lmfao... easy there...

i just think its friggin hilarious that no one reads the damn thread fully and every1 is telling each other the damn thing is from 2002... ahahah

propr'one
11-07-2006, 09:09 PM
most people will read the first 3-4 posts in a thread and forget the rest, like this thread shows.

oh well, what are you gonna do

Furious
11-07-2006, 09:41 PM
my poor car :(

Boots R
11-07-2006, 11:26 PM
my poor car :(
Hey man I just heard about your car!! Sorry to hear!!!

:D:D:D

1BADBMR
11-08-2006, 01:12 PM
That sucks dude, I hope they find the bastards

Proliphic
11-08-2006, 01:37 PM
wow someone lock this thread please lol.

Boots R
11-08-2006, 01:44 PM
It's like watching a crack in the sidewalk, and watching as everyone trips on it lol.

Stephanie
11-08-2006, 02:09 PM
It's like watching a crack in the sidewalk, and watching as everyone trips on it lol.

LMFAO!!

Furious
11-08-2006, 02:47 PM
omg guys my poor car. someone have a hookup on paint?!!! i nEeD HelP ASaP!!!!!!!11

p.s- IBFTL

notjoe
11-09-2006, 08:36 AM
omg guys my poor car. someone have a hookup on paint?!!! i nEeD HelP ASaP!!!!!!!11

p.s- IBFTL

Sorry to hear about your car bro. It looked so mint at bimmercruize too!

Take it to european autobody and see what they say.

NOT, man, even in the first page it says this thread is 4 years old! Read a lil people! :)

europrince
11-09-2006, 10:54 PM
bump to a new thread ;)

BigD
11-10-2006, 04:37 AM
Someone go key Mark's car so this thread can stay relevant.

What you do is pour some Robitussin into the scratch and it will heal.

Lower_Level
11-10-2006, 11:57 AM
I don't know what's worse... someone drudging up a 4 year old post; or the amount of traffic that it is now generating......

thanks guys.... reading this just made my day.... :D

dave328i
11-10-2006, 01:04 PM
i scratched it.. heh... heheh.... hehhahaha... hahahahaha... HAHAHAH! MUAHAHAHAH! HAHAHAHAHAH! MUAHAHAHAHAHA! :puke:

Big T
11-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Hello, I am from the past now that I see that your car has been keyed I will go back to my time and warn you before it happens

BigD
11-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Hello, I am from the past now that I see that your car has been keyed I will go back to my time and warn you before it happens

Won't work, you can only travel forward through time. So what'll happen is you'll arrive 4 years in the future, bump this ****ing thread again and Julian will ban you for 2 years.