PDA

View Full Version : how are the M3 mirrors from BMP?

Razkal
05-24-2002, 04:26 PM
Hey all,

Has anyone gotten the M3 Mirrors from BMP Design before? How are they? Are they better than those cheapo Ractive ones? I am looking at putting these on as they are selling for 275US.

Any thoughts/comments?

MP328
05-24-2002, 04:34 PM
sorry i don't know how those from BMP are but why don't u talk to charlie he had some when i was looking for some.

bryan bought his (before he wrecked the car) from him, but they are manual only though. that's the only reason i didn't want them.

Razkal
05-24-2002, 04:45 PM
I am looking for a decent powered set that are constructed better than the cheapo Ractive junk. I called BMP and they told me that the wiring is identical to OEM and no mods have to be done - simple plug and play.

I guess I will do some more hunting...

Maciek
05-24-2002, 06:47 PM
hey

I just sold my set. You can go to far sale and
I had a picture attached. About a week ago.

The mirrors look OK but there is a difference
fom the OEM. The mounting plate sticks out very
far. My friend pointed it out to me so I had
to sell them. I'm a perfectionist when it comes
to my car. It is a good deal though cause they
are heated and power. the connectors were
different too. Easy to install though. I recommend
You get something else unless You have a really
tight budget. Do not buy the reactive ones. They
are really poor quality and are not heated. Try
to find a set of OEM ones. I might be selling my
OEM M3. If I can find RD mirrors. First I was
told they can get them for me and now I have to
wait. So let me know if You are interested. I
will be asking $650. Remember, they are OEM and
they sell for about $1750 at the dealer.

Mike

bimmersport
05-24-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Razkal 320i
I am looking for a decent powered set that are constructed better than the cheapo Ractive junk.

The BMP mirrors are very similiar to the "cheapo" Reactive ones (manual or power). You're better off just getting the OEM's or Hagus (like mine) but it all depends on how much you are willing to pay.

Check your PM.

*wave*

Razkal
05-24-2002, 08:53 PM
Hey Mike,

Are the OEM ones that you are selling for a sedan or coupe tho?
I took a look at the pics of yours on the events page. They look really good. I am on a very tight budget as I just bought a house but I was going to get the mirrors from BMP for 275 US. Should I do it or go with Bimmersport and get the HAGUS mirrors?

MP328
05-24-2002, 09:39 PM
how much are those HAGUS ones???

WASABI
05-24-2002, 10:04 PM
www.asylumms.com

i don't know what make it is they sell but, $99US for manual and $199US for powered, all it says is that it's made out of ABS plastic.

i'd like to get a set too, but still unsure of which ones to get. i really want the DTM Cup style, but it's hard to find. the OEM ones are VERY GOOD in quality but $$$.

are you still looking for the ///M mouldings? Mississauga BMW has them on sale this week for $200 (i called on Tue for a friend)

Razkal
05-24-2002, 10:05 PM
The Hagus ones are about 500.00, I called the guy and he is outta stock for the sedan ones until mid June. Thats not good for me as my car is going in for paint in 2 weeks. I gotta think of something soon....

MP328
05-25-2002, 02:39 PM
500 is still alot.

i remember when i asked at the dealership for the mirrors they said around 500 each and plus the mirror itself is another 190 each i think f...ing crazyyy.

the 200 for the moulding sounds pretty good though. i'm thinking right now to go and see that .