PDA

View Full Version : Still no power windows!!! Good thread...sry about last one...

BMWE30
03-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Sorry about the last post....I hit the wrong button and it sent....sry...it really meant to read :

Hey guys...

Just came in from another unsucessful day of the power window troubleshooting. Bridged circuit breaker, swapped fuses in the fuse box, checked switch connections, took off pass door panel and checked the connections....nothing. Nothing seems to be getting power. Could it be the relay? If it was, would other stuff not be working too? The windows stopped working sometime around the time I put in my new headunit...could I have done something behind the dash? Everything seems connected..... and also...both windows are not working. They came on 2 or 3 times since they stopped working...once when my friend opened the pass door....the other time I looked down and noticed the switches were lit up...as I went for the button they went out again...DAMNIT. I dont want to take it to an auto electric place, but its looking that way. Any advice? Thanks alot. Also please disregard that last post with the "Hey guys...," I hit the wrong button.
:( :( :(

Jordan
03-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Remove the drivers side under dash panel, look in the upper left at the wiring block there.

Look for a fat green wire with a blue stripe plugged into the wiring block, pictured here:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/Images/Wiringblock.jpg

If this wire is plugged in, then trace it back to where it splits off. Follow the one that splits off (same size/color) to where it ends with a black connector. This connector should be plugged into another same size/color wire with a black connector.