PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of Wheel wax? If yes, where to get?

Gamite
05-23-2002, 11:48 PM
I've heard of the stuff, apparently its supposed to repel most of that brake dust and grime you get from the roads, and it lasts much longer than paint wax.

Is this true? Has anyone used it? Where can I get some?

bimmersport
05-23-2002, 11:54 PM
Julian, have you tried the Dollar Store? They sell one especially made for Hamann wheels.

hehe:D

Gamite
05-24-2002, 12:12 AM
Haha, shut your hole!

WoLF
05-24-2002, 12:49 AM
www.bavauto.com
I saw it in their catalog, so it should be on their site.

Haven't used it, but I hope I will sometime.. My wheels are really dirty, and I need some tips on cleaning them!

Softy
05-24-2002, 01:01 AM
Just use the same wax you use on your car.

Gamite
05-29-2002, 05:07 AM
normal wax doesnt work, it actually attracts dust and it doesnt last as long..

I've only been able to find it in the states, wondering if any local stores.. I want to refrain from ordering online cuz its not worth it, and I want it NOW! :P

jello_g
05-29-2002, 07:19 AM
You can try a polymer sealant, such as Meguiar's #20. I've read that each application should last for several months vs. only a few weeks for a wax. I want to try it myself, but the only place that sells it that I know of is CarQuest (http://www.carquest.com), and my local store is currently out of stock. I've also heard about some wax that repels brake dust, but the name escapes me at the moment.

EMPOWERD
05-29-2002, 08:48 AM
Just don't use the brakes. You wouldn't want dust all over those gorgeous basketweaves of yours:D

e36_freak
05-29-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by empowerd
Just don't use the brakes. You wouldn't want dust all over those gorgeous basketweaves of yours:D
:P :P yah true..........who needs brakes anyways? they just make your rims dirty and cost you more $$$$
= )

Gamite
05-30-2002, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by empowerd

Dont make me stick that flute back up your ass! :P

Furious
05-30-2002, 08:27 AM
hey julian you have the same style rims as i do and feel your wheel-cleaning pain,,,but from what i hear, its not worth it to buy ,,because you need to use alot and it only last a few washes or so.. so it may not be worth the price.....but hey i just use good ol' elbow grease,,

bimmersport
05-30-2002, 08:50 AM
Hey Julian...nobody knows why you want the wax NOW... are you keeping it a secret?

No guys, its not to wax his :moon: !! haha:D

Gamite
05-30-2002, 04:05 PM
hehehe, NO the secret stays forever.. at least until next week, now someone find me some wheel wax!!! :P

Furious
05-30-2002, 04:24 PM
dont know any local dealers that have it ,, but im sure some rice shop has some or something similar,,but you can also go to www.bavauto.com