PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have this problem??

bmdoubleya
03-23-2004, 01:32 AM
I know that almost every e30 leaks water into the cabin usually on the passenger side just wonder if anyone else has seen this one it took me a long time to figure out were the water was coming from.......

Also for those that have done body work before what would you suggest I do with this little hole that I have...??????

Do I patch it from in the cabin under glove box or go from the out side like in this picture?????? it is the drain the goes out beside the valve cover

Slowered318
03-23-2004, 02:26 AM
That's the drain for the heater air intake.. looks like you got a hole strait through that will have to be patched up with some good old sheet metal or fiberglass.. from inside the car i believe?

When your done there is a rubber drain spout that you might be missing..

Drain musta been plugged so it rusted out inside.

bmdoubleya
03-23-2004, 02:47 AM
No it was never pluged I have the drain........ its a really tuff spot to get at though I wonder how many others have this problem that little hole leaks like crazy:puke:

Slowered318
03-23-2004, 02:57 AM
yeah it would really leak.. expecially when you wash the car!

just to make shure it's not coming from anywhere else i would plug it with some chewing gum and pour water in the top.

I'll take a look tomorrow seeing as my glove box and stuff is already out of my car.. see if it could be patched up from the inside easly.

MorningCruiser
03-23-2004, 06:47 AM
Ghetto fix?

Fill it with RTV?

BMWE30
03-24-2004, 01:21 AM
my pass floor has some water too....lets see what happens with yours man...gimme some ideas...

bmdoubleya
03-24-2004, 01:47 AM
I know this is it I have checked every possible option for leaks.......... it took me a long time to find that little hole