PDA

View Full Version : my passanger side window does not roll down?

lvan
03-16-2004, 05:14 AM
Today I come down to my car to throw in new battery and guess what....

I put lights on ,streao so I try all my windows all of them work but my passaenger side window does not roll down... Bitach....
I am so pissed! It was working last week. I did not go down to start my car for a week so this is the first time I am rolling down my window......I can not belif my motor went just like that plus I was not even playing with it....

what do you think?

Also when my last battery was kinda getting dead I tryed to roll maybe the motor blew because of not enough power....

Slowered318
03-16-2004, 05:18 AM
i had that same problem after i rebuilt my motor.

swap the right switch with the left one and see if that works.. if not check and make shure the child safty switch is off.

lvan
03-16-2004, 05:25 AM
the child safety swich is off cuz I turned it off to try rear windows as well....

Now I will try the trick with switches....

Slowered318
03-16-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by lvan
Now I will try the trick with switches....

if that doesn't work.. hit it with a 10 lb. sludge hammer and spit on it

lvan
03-16-2004, 05:36 AM
hahhahha then I am gonna fix it in style.....

anyways I be taking my car to shop tomorow to get it on road so I will take care off it.......

In the worst case it shold not be big deal to replace the motor.....

Thanx bro!

T.Dot_E30
03-16-2004, 05:42 AM
if it is the motor zimmie will have one for sure.......for a good price too *th-up*

Slowered318
03-16-2004, 05:49 AM
yeah.. don't get the shop to fix it.. they charge huge amounts of money to fix stuff like that.. work through it yourself.. test the wires for power, just work through it you'll save a lot of money

door skin comes off very easy.. so you can go in there if all else fails. but usually it's not the motor that is the problem.. shops might say the motor is broke.. even though it was only a lose wire.. you walk away happy but really you got owned

if it is the motor.. get a zimmie motor.. i heard they kick ass

lvan
03-16-2004, 07:08 AM
Yah I am really crazy about those electronic parts to play with... to get it fixed....haha I remember whe I was a kid I take a part me car and take out the motor to play with haha

The reason Why i need to take my car to the shop is that my water pump is gone. It is not so serious issue but It can not be done by me.

Rayan THANX For help and advice.. How hard would be to replace the sunroof motor? I wanna know how hard it is to remove that cover above my head.....

There is a brown plastic that comes over just above the mirror you fold it during sun so it does not flash in your eyes...Is that sealed or it comes off easy as door skin..