PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged Viper vs NOS Hayabusa

tlaselva
03-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Like the title says!:eek:

No wanna-be F&F's here!

It's almost 30 MB's, so dial-up beware!!!

Link (http://www.chatstat.com/VIPER2.wmv )

Xray
03-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Great video, nice find.

note: grab your popcorn before you watch this. ;)

tlaselva
03-15-2004, 09:11 PM
Can't get enough of that NOS'ed Busa!

Walks the 900HP Viper like he's standing still!

My Z's gonna feel like a scooter after watching this vid! :(

Xray
03-15-2004, 09:24 PM
lol, yea, those bikes make everyone think their riding a scooter.

btw, are hayabusas the fastes bikes?? stock wise.

tlaselva
03-16-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Xray
lol, yea, those bikes make everyone think their riding a scooter.

btw, are hayabusas the fastes bikes?? stock wise.

I'm no bike expert, but they are known to be the fastest in top speed, and one of the best in accleration.
The body of the bike was designed primarily for aerodynamics, to improve it's top speed. That's why they look as odd as they do.

They have a 1300cc engine, which puts out some excellent torque for a bike.
They are the car equivalent to a SVT Mustang. Super fast in accleration, but not the best around a track.

BladeRunner
03-16-2004, 09:10 PM
the link is dead:( I want to see :mad:

thinair
03-18-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by BladeRunner
the link is dead:( I want to see :mad:

dammit, me too

King Luis
03-18-2004, 03:46 AM
the hayabusa is the fastest stock production bike made.
as for handling,......it's not that good.
but the specs on yamaha's new r1 is impressive. 170ish hp.
and it is supposed to handle very well also

Xray
03-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by King Luis
the hayabusa is the fastest stock production bike made.
as for handling,......it's not that good.
but the specs on yamaha's new r1 is impressive. 170ish hp.
and it is supposed to handle very well also

im a total newbie when it comes to bikes, but how could any bike be different when it comes to handling??

i mean, if it was cars i would understand since its got 4 wheels and 4 shocks, steering wheel and all the things that makes it different in handling than other cars. But as for bikes, it only has 2 wheels and turning around the corners is basicaly the same with every other bike. Like i said im a total noob when it comes to bikes.*sad*

thinair
03-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Xray
im a total newbie when it comes to bikes, but how could any bike be different when it comes to handling??

i mean, if it was cars i would understand since its got 4 wheels and 4 shocks, steering wheel and all the things that makes it different in handling than other cars. But as for bikes, it only has 2 wheels and turning around the corners is basicaly the same with every other bike. Like i said im a total noob when it comes to bikes.*sad*

Well, you have the fork head angle, fork rake, fork travel/damping/spring rate/height. You know how the forks are set at an angle, they're like that for a reason, just like why the struts in your car are angled back.

Then you have the rear suspension, the position of the shock can change the handling, the stiffness of the spring (whether it's rising/constant/falling rate suspension. The damper settings, etc..

Then you have the swing arm length, the wheelbase, the weight of the bike and rider, where the weight is positioned (how low/high, far forward/back).

Just as a note, bicycles are the same thing :P You can have a crappy handling bicycle, just like you can have a good handling bicycle.

suicide
03-18-2004, 10:44 PM
LINK NO WORK .... NOT FARE

suicide
03-18-2004, 10:48 PM
what u mean this R1?

tlaselva
03-19-2004, 04:24 AM
I got the vid if someone would care to host.

AMG_POWER
03-19-2004, 04:36 AM
worked for me....and DAMN that shizle is FAST! But id love to see that again with Turbo hayabusa*shiner*

tlaselva
03-19-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by AMG_POWER
worked for me....and DAMN that shizle is FAST! But id love to see that again with Turbo hayabusa*shiner*

Yup, link's working again! *th-up*