PDA

View Full Version : Best Battery for e30 ?


Darren
03-14-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm in need of a quality car battery for my e30 and could use some suggestions. I've also heard there are some lighter weight batteries out there, but I'm not sure if they perform as well.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm looking for the following features:

-lightweight
-high power to support audio system , amplifiers, etc
-high cold cranking amps

Thx

windsor318is
03-14-2004, 11:56 PM
hi i suggest getting a yellow top battery, thats what i have and am very happy with it.

P.S. is that a eurostyle front bumper???

crazyvadim
03-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Optima.

ZiMMie
03-15-2004, 12:05 AM
have a battery for sale very very very cheap. it was installed back in December. let me know if u r intrested.

Darren
03-15-2004, 12:52 AM
No, it's not a Eurostyle front bumper. I didn't know about his business at the time so I had to do things the hard way and custom fit an e36 kit onto my ride.......not easy.....not cheap.

windsor318is
03-15-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Darren
No, it's not a Eurostyle front bumper. I didn't know about his business at the time so I had to do things the hard way and custom fit an e36 kit onto my ride.......not easy.....not cheap.

wow your a trooper doing that!! looks good man, its okay i learned the even harder way by ordering an original AV3 kit from autovogue in england

more pics darren??

Darren
03-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Actually that's a very old pic of my car. It looks completely different now ... I'll post new ones when it comes back from the shop

windsor318is
03-15-2004, 01:21 AM
cant wait!!!!!

BMW_M52_M20
03-15-2004, 01:44 AM
Interstate is good for the price if you don't want to spend on an optima battery. A lot of dealers replace OEM battery's with interstate ones.........
Jay

windsor318is
03-15-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by BMW_M52_M20
Interstate is good for the price if you don't want to spend on an optima battery. A lot of dealers replace OEM battery's with interstate ones.........
Jay

yes sir, i agree thats what i had for over 5 years the problem is when you have an amp etc its easyer to fry a battery that isnt ment for that kind of abuse.

BMW_M52_M20
03-15-2004, 01:50 AM
I am running an interstate battery and 2 10's and a 500W amp, no problems yet!
Jay

lvan
03-15-2004, 01:54 AM
I need battery too for my E30 beater...
So far I am considering motormaster from CT . $115 plus they give me 7 years warranty? is it good deal and brand?

I always thought My alternator was messed up

BladeRunner
03-15-2004, 03:33 AM
wouldn't a capasitator or resistor decrease the load on the alt and the battery for audio?

ZiMMie
03-15-2004, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by lvan
I need battery too for my E30 beater...
So far I am considering motormaster from CT . $115 plus they give me 7 years warranty? is it good deal and brand?

I always thought My alternator was messed up

I was tooo lazy to chk wat type of battery its. Give me a call and i will have the details for u. 50$ and its urs.

qimis
03-15-2004, 03:39 AM
my car start having a problem when starting the car ... it always works on the first try, but it takes a little longer than a normal car to start. do you think this is caused by the battery ?

Spaz
03-15-2004, 05:25 AM
interstate or ac delco, i would not put anything else in my car, interstate is great because they are quite a bit lighter.

so that my opinon on this.