PDA

View Full Version : Question about ellipsoids

mkgino
05-21-2002, 08:00 PM
Ok here are some questions i have about ellipsoids

1) Can they be used with halogen bulbs and then can a xenon HID kit be installed into them after?

2)On the E36 bmw's when u turn on your night time driving lights the outside lights are the ones that light up, but the projector lens on the ellipsoids is on the inside set of lights of the two so does this mean u can only use the ellipsoids during the day time?

3) what does inpro mean?

4) what are the best quality ellipsoids?

thanks!

KIRASIR
05-21-2002, 11:18 PM
1) yes and yes, H1 is the bulb type

2) The ellipsoids are on the outside(low beam)

3) Inpro is a German based company that makes all sorts of stuff for German cars like tail lights, headlights etc.

4) Hard to say, Bosch and ZKW are OEMs. I have Inpro's and I am happy with them. (some people say they are crappy). I find them to be satisfactory. Any company that is an OEM makes good quality products although it is said that Bosch is of a higher quality than ZKW.

Sergei

Originally posted by mkgino
1) Can they be used with halogen bulbs and then can a xenon HID kit be installed into them after?

2)On the E36 bmw's when u turn on your night time driving lights the outside lights are the ones that light up, but the projector lens on the ellipsoids is on the inside set of lights of the two so does this mean u can only use the ellipsoids during the day time?

3) what does inpro mean?

4) what are the best quality ellipsoids?

thanks! [/B]

SickFinga
05-21-2002, 11:35 PM
it's BOSCH and ZKW
European bimmers use BOSCH or ZKW.
Both are great.
InPro are crappy headlights, don't but them.