PDA

View Full Version : Bored TB

97 Z3 2.8
03-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Just slapped on Toms old bored out TB. It wouldn't hold the boost on Toms car, but works great on mine. Once Tom bought a replacement Throttle Position Sensor (Thanks Bud) the car ran really nice. Throttle response is improved nicely, and there may be some HP gains. To be honest I'm not quite in tune with my new found HP yet, so if it gained 10hp I wouldn't know it. Hell even if it lost 10 I'd still be thinking it's great.... the cams, manifold, CAI and Software really make quite a difference.

Bill

JazzM
03-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Thanks Bill;

I'm glad we were able to narrow it down to that as the main cause... let me know how it works out... Dyno coming as soon as the boost gauge is hooked up...

T.

97 Z3 2.8
03-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Seems to be O.K. so far, but I haven't driven the car very much lately. I'm not spending any cash until my first payment on the house is made. Then I'll do the e-test and get the sticker for my plates. I'll be able to let you know if the ASC light has a habit of turning on then.

thinair
04-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Sorta off topic, was there a really big difference when you guys installed your cams? I did the m50 manifold w/ software, I got some nice top end now, but the low end did suffer a bit.

97 Z3 2.8
04-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Cams were good, the low end is a little flatter than stock, but the high end rush is worth it.

Tom's blown so all he can tell is that it's really freakin fast...

I got a ride yesterday and yup- that thang's quick!