View Full Version : Wish you can do this? I wish i could

Bavaria
03-11-2004, 04:14 AM
http://www.planetdivision.com/max/davidbelle.avi

good god!
a police mans night mare

Quack
03-11-2004, 04:23 AM
mad skills, Luc Besson made a movie called Yamakasi, if you enjoyed the vid you should try finding that movie, the movie is in french, if you find let me know, I've been trying to get it for the past 2 years now

King Luis
03-11-2004, 05:14 AM
i can do that.
but seriously. i would kill my self if i tried

Xray
03-11-2004, 05:23 AM
omg.

thats it, time to get to work

AMG_POWER
03-11-2004, 06:43 AM
this guy is monkeyspiderman or smth:):D

but he's amazing.... well it takes time and training...

King Luis
03-11-2004, 07:05 AM
just did some looking around
created by david belle from france. it's called the art of le parkour
most people call it PK
check out this site http://www.urbanfreeflow.com/UrbanFreeFlow/frontpage.htm
i want to start this. looks f--king awesome

Quack
03-12-2004, 05:30 AM
nice find King Luis, looks like these guys can do all the shit Neo can in the Matrix

Ryousuke
03-12-2004, 03:08 PM
^^^ Except fly superman style :p

AndreNY
03-12-2004, 04:01 PM
link doesn't work

King Luis
03-12-2004, 05:31 PM
http://www.le-parkour.com/davidbelle.avi
http://www.le-parkour.com/leparkour.avi
the first link is the same one as posted above
the second link is david belle from a french tv show

V-Thang
03-12-2004, 06:27 PM
omg this guy is nuts!!! holy cow the wall to wall jumping isane!!

rabbitdan
03-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Well i got sent here by a friend.... Where do i start?....hmmm

The names Dan, Im currently working on setting up parkourcanada.com as on online resourse for people like you guys who come accross this stuff and are like .. "wow mad cool yo"... And the such .. =P

Ive been doing pk for ... 7 months now? 8 months? something like that.... And ever since 3 months in ive been trying to get people in the toronto area to join in.. =P

The toronto "crew" has about 12 members at the moment... all of us with the wish of someday being like david or seb(black guy in videos)...

I can say that myself, and a couple others, can do everything he does in those videos. GRANTED, David is way more fluid, but that comes with practice.

What ive learnt about this sport, i guess the most important thing..... Is that its 99% all in your head. Just like autox is 99% driver, this is similarly 99% mental. Yes being in shape makes it all so much better, but if your not inshape.... parkour would bust you into shape pretty fast.

I dunno what else to say at the moment, its 5:41, .. only reason im still awake now is that i came home from doing yes, parkour, and im still pumped about it.

Landed my first btwist off a higher object.... btwist is, cammys move in streetfighter.. if you dont know that .. its horizontally twirling in the air.... =P Im pumped. Tommorow im gonna spend half the day perfecting it.

www.urbanfreeflow.com was posted, if your interested in learning more, maybe comming out for a session you could leave me a message on there in the canadian section.....

Or naddster@hotmail.com is my email address....drop me a line anytime... Tell your friends if there interested... Hell i dont care. I just want to see some new faces out there.... doesnt matter how "rookie" they are.

Im hopeing the toronto crew can reach atleast 25 solid members by this summer. Id love to see it.

Peace guys.... Dan. *th-up*

OH PS!

I have yamakazi the movie if anyones interested... Plus cds and cds full of pk videos..... id make anyone copies if they wanted free of charge. :)

Quack
03-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by rabbitdan
OH PS!

I have yamakazi the movie if anyones interested... Plus cds and cds full of pk videos..... id make anyone copies if they wanted free of charge. :)

dude I would love to get the Yamakasi movie, I've been trying to get it for years now, thanks in advance *th-up*

Check your PM

V-Thang
03-13-2004, 04:51 PM
Hey man I've been looking for this movie as well.

If possible, can you send it to me? Through IRC or FTP or somethin like that.

Thanks,

thinair
03-13-2004, 05:55 PM
This remind me a lot of biketrials, but without the bikes.

Looks like you need to be insanely agile to pull any of this off. I wonder if their ankles are reinforced with tape or something.

rabbitdan
03-13-2004, 07:27 PM
The moives 700megs ... Id rather not try and send it... Just because..... Already talked to one guy about burning the cd for him... thats no prob for anyone else too.

thinair: Funny you should mention the ankle thing, I just came off a close to 1 month injury, which still kills from time to time now, all along the top my my ankles on both sides.

My equipment, so to speak, is a pair newbalance support running shoes with good grip, extra thick insole, and ankle wraps. Oh and a daily glocusamine condrotine pill...

You gotta do what you gotta do.... :cool:

The roll you see in alot of these videos, called a "pk roll", extremely similar to a roll you would do in martial arts like ninjitsu, allows you to fall without taking any stress on the body what-so-ever. I was really shocked the first time i jump off something that was 10 feet high, rolled, and came out smiling... :D

All my injuries have stemmed from other things... improper landings.... Me doing stuff i shouldnt have been trying when i did ... etc etc...