PDA

View Full Version : L.E.D.s???

A~G
05-21-2002, 01:29 AM
SO THIS IS A TOTALLY STUPID QUESTION BUT I NEED SOME HELP HERE... I WAS COMING BACK FROM A CLUB AND OF COURSE PIGS PULL ME OVER... I HAVE LED WASHER LIGHTS AND SOME H.I.D XENON BULBS IN THE HEADLIGHTS... HE TOLD ME THEY'RE ILLEGAL AND STUFF... GIVES ME A TICKET !... WHATZ UP WITH THAT... ??? I LIVE IN TORONTO,,, I'VE HAD THOSE LIGHTS IN FOR LIKE A YEAR AND I'VE NEVER HAD TROUBLE WITH THAT.. WHAT GIVES! SHIT! ARE THEY REALLY ILLEGAL? OR ARE THE COPS JUST GIVING ME A HARD TIME.:cool: :huh?:

Rolled_Out
05-21-2002, 01:33 AM
thats bullshit, they are not illegal!! do u mean just like XENON brand super whites or wutever the 9006 ones?

Gamite
05-21-2002, 01:34 AM
ok, first, take it easy on the caps eh? :P

Were you in Toronto when they pulled you? Technically you are not allowed to have any other colours aside from white blue and yellow on your car, they're supposed to be "distracting" for other drivers, (which is a load of bull, but you know cops)

Personally I dont like those "nipple lights" they dont suit bimmers well. but thats just my opinion.

Your HID headlights, are they real HID or those blue bulbs? those blue bulbs actually have a lesser output than your stock bulbs simply because they are coloured blue. That's why they're "illegal".

A~G
05-21-2002, 03:53 PM
*th-up* Ah yes.. sorry about the caps...:eek:

...But anyways... i should have mentioned... the lights aren't on the BMW... i'm still trying to run down my 89'Mazda 626 (it just won't give up!) so the location where he pulled me over was on HWY 7 right by Woodbridge... he stopped me for my L.E.D washer lights specifically (which i also think don't suit bmw's at all!*no-no* its almost like "devaluing" ur car) then the cop notices by headlights too (yeah...XENON H.I.D's(got them at pacific mall))... i live in Scarborough and i've NEVER had any trouble with it before... maybe its just Woodbridge?!? i'm not taking them off,,, the cops can kiss my :moon: hehe :P

Gamite
05-21-2002, 03:56 PM
I noticed when you put the bulbs in BMW's they dont mind as much, maybe since they think they're real HID's? lol

SickFinga
05-21-2002, 04:00 PM
all those lights are "illegal" (washer, antenna, etc.)
I guess you have "XENON" wannabe lights. If they are BLUE they are illegal if they make hyper white or yellow that are allowed.

A~G
05-21-2002, 06:59 PM
Well that clears things up... so the wannable Xenon's, blue bulb (which i have by the way) are the illegal kinds;) . So that answers my question... but does that apply everywhere... cuz i live in Scarborough and i've had them in my car for over a year... hundreds of cops have seen then and i've never had any trouble until i went to Woodbridge... either i've been lucky or the cops just don't care too much. It was 3AM when i got pulled over so maybe they just had nothing better to do but hassle us....:mad:The cop told me that i should have blue lights on my hood cuz i'm not a "snow removal vehicle" then the moron tells me to take my green lights off my dash cuz i'm not a "volunteer firefighter"... shit if some moron could actually mistake my car as a snow removal vehicle he doesn't deserve to DRIVE!*no-no* :mad: *drunk* ... anywayz thanx for everyones help on this topic!:P

MP328
05-21-2002, 07:41 PM
those "wannabe" xenon which i have also have it written on the box "for show cars only not for street use" or whatever. but i had them for longer then a year and also the front signals are blue bulbs and never got pulled over for that.

SickFinga
05-21-2002, 08:53 PM
I did have those XENON wannabe's too, but they burned out in 4 weeks (all of them!!!). They had blue glas but they were hyper white color when they are on.

Let me tell you something, you were coming back from a club, it was a night and it was a woobridge. So cop stopped you cause he thinks that you are a street racer.
It all depends on time, location and cop's mood.
I was driving without my front licence plate cop was driving in different location, he saw me and made a U-TURN to pull me over(I got a ticket) About two weeks ago I'm driving and stopping at the stop sign. And I see a cop in front of me on the stop sign and he is looking at me. I was like ticket or no ticket, ticket or no ticket... so we were standing on the stop light for about 30sec looking at each other. so when all cars passed I turned, and he turned in opposite direction.

A~G
05-21-2002, 09:07 PM
Yeah,... so the cop pulled u over for a U-ey. man they just look for any excuse eh? Damn. :mad: i hate that... but about the streetracer thing... i dunno... its a four door 89'Mazda 626 sedan i was driving... i just put alot of lights on it to make it look half descent (i'm trying to wear it down) its like the winterbeater that just won't give!... well anywayz ... The guy pulls me over and checks the WHOLE car out...undercarriage... trunk... everything... i just went along with it hoping the guy wouldn't give me a ticket if i cooperated*angel* ... he still did though... what a JERK!:mad:Now if i brought out the 318is.. i can see why he'd be suspicious;) *uzi*

SickFinga
05-21-2002, 09:16 PM
no, cop made a u turn to pull me over.

it doesn't matter if has 4 doors or 2 doors, you have those light = rice. rice = street racing.

EMPOWERD
05-21-2002, 09:26 PM
You're just asking for trouble putting on those gay nipple lights (on ANY car) and any headlight other than DOT halogens or REAL H.I.D..... I've been down that street years ago and gone to court. Trust me, you'll never win. Just save up longer and buy the real thing. That goes for ANY licence plate covers (yes, clear too).

A~G
05-21-2002, 11:50 PM
What... license plate covers are illegal too... even the clear ones... what the HELL!:mad: Okay ... is EVERYTHING illegal...better than asking what isn't legal... i think it would be easier to ask WHAT IS!>?!?!?! I'd gladly take all those things off my winterbeater but its not even worth my time now!~!*wave* *uzi* ;)

SickFinga
05-22-2002, 12:04 AM
it says that nothing should cover licence plate, even those dealer covers are ILLIGAL.

A~G
05-22-2002, 12:15 AM
*sleep* U guyz know... all this Illegal stuff is just a buncha nonsense...:mad: ...bottom line is everythings "illegal" in some way. And the cops will alwayz find any reason to pull us over...Even license plate covers ! thatz a joke:P ... not saying i don't believe that its illegal but its a bullshit law... just like the rest. Too bad. ! ))i'm learning soo much from this thread... basically ITS ONLY ILLEGAL IF U GET CAUGHT!!! bottom line.*th-up*

Slowered318
05-22-2002, 01:01 AM
Ok guys this is getting insane

The "plasma xenon" piaa "super blue" whatever lights are illegal on the street because they are blue (like snow removal vehicles) and they reduce the light output of your head lights (that's unsafe) They are legal to sell but olny as off road lighting. If you don't want the yellow look go with the cool blue's from Canadian tire.. canadian tire won't carry other brands because they are illegal makes perfect sense right?

And about other lighting like neon tubes, GTO covers, washer things, wheel lights, plate covers stuff, blink blink wiper lights, ect. ect. that a pretty sad way to make your car stand out.. I know it's fun i've installed them before then taken them off. It's a heat score and i'm sure most of you bmw drivers out there don't need any help with that :P

Anyways if you lose the lights and go back the the cop and kiss his feet i'm sure he would drop the fine. But if you want to fight it.. good luck!

A~G
05-22-2002, 07:14 PM
Nah... i'm not going to fight the ticket.:eek: but i'm not taking the lights off... sooner or later the cars just gonna give up *th-up* .... until then i'm just gonna have some fun with it... i haven't had the cops pull me for the lights for over a year now.... then i got a ticket... now i'm gonna hope for another year!*th-up* :cool: thanx for everyones imput on my little dilema*uzi*