PDA

View Full Version : Clutch feels very soft???

bmdoubleya
03-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Just took the car out for its first drive in 4 months. About 2 weeks after I stored the car the clutch went just droped to the floor like the slave cyl was broken.....Now it works fine but feels a little spongie?? any ideas Thanks:eek:

crazyvadim
03-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by bmdoubleya
Just took the car out for its first drive in 4 months. About 2 weeks after I stored the car the clutch went just droped to the floor like the slave cyl was broken.....Now it works fine but feels a little spongie?? any ideas Thanks:eek:

See if theres enough fluid in the reservoir,you might have a leak.You might also have air inside the system,try bleeding it.....there should be a bleeder screw on the slave cylinder.

chromius
03-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by bmdoubleya

Not positive, but you could check under the dash at the adjustment spring, if this is not adjusted properly it might feel loose or spongy....you could try and tighten it up. just a thought.

bmdoubleya
03-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Thanks guys I will check both