PDA

View Full Version : Painting eyelids

mikee30
03-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Did you guys paint them and then add clear coat on top...or just spray with a spray can and end of story?

gsbadbmr
03-10-2004, 02:50 AM
I painted mine, and had them clear coated, then i lost them at high speeds on the highway.........

-gsbadbmr

mikee30
03-10-2004, 02:55 AM
Gotta slow down man :)

Lennon
03-10-2004, 03:48 AM
See, I don't think its a matter of slowing down, as much as it is making sure you INSTALLED THEM CORRECTLY!

gsbadbmr
03-10-2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Lennon
See, I don't think its a matter of slowing down, as much as it is making sure you INSTALLED THEM CORRECTLY!

WRONG, WRONG and WRONG.

I had 4 screws AND double sided tape on EACH eyelid attached to my grill. I have gone through 1 set of fiberglass eyelids, and 1 set of abs plastic kamei eyelids. They did not rip off the car because of improper installation....TRUST me.:mad:

Euro grills are the only way to go for me, it's a much nicer/cleaner look, especially with my euro smiley ellipsoids.

-gsbadbmr

Lennon
03-10-2004, 05:32 AM
Sorry man, but I think your still doing it wrong, and I think I know why...... I could be wrong though, but are you using self tapping screws? Cause those are the ones you HAVE to use.

I used them, and they have been on the E30 for over a year now, not one problem... so it just seems weird that you have all these problems......

jeremy
03-10-2004, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Lennon
Sorry man, but I think your still doing it wrong, and I think I know why...... I could be wrong though, but are you using self tapping screws? Cause those are the ones you HAVE to use.

I used them, and they have been on the E30 for over a year now, not one problem... so it just seems weird that you have all these problems......

gonna have to agree with lennon on this.....

SebSter
03-10-2004, 05:56 AM
yeah i just screwed mine in too and no problems ever falling off, not even one screw coming loose... tho they're off the car now, i think it looks cleaner without them on.. tho the new "hood extension" eyelid eurostyle makes now has some potential... might pick that up in the near future