PDA

View Full Version : Undercarrige engine cover

Phazer
03-09-2004, 04:41 PM
From driving a lowered bmw, and scraping here and there, I have noticed the engine cover in the front of the car behind the bumper that protects the engine from rocks and stuff shooting up cracked and came loose, so I took it off completly, cause I am affraid the thing will break off and then shoot off the road into my fan/radiator. Does anyone know if you can get a upgrade for this area, like a steel one etc. Or do I just have to go get another plastic one?

Autotechnica
03-09-2004, 05:41 PM
JTD aluminum under tray. They sell for about $200CDN and ThinAir has this installed on his car. I've ordered one already and I'm going to install it soon.

Bry

sadda///M
03-09-2004, 05:59 PM
Make a template and have a fabricator custom made it for you. High grade stainless steel or hard plastic would be good.

I have a buddy who does this but he's waaaay too busy in his biz.

Adriano
03-12-2004, 01:42 AM
Hey guys. If you can send me a template made of cardboard or even lend me it for a couple of days, I can mass produce them for alot cheaper then $200. I would also make them out of aluminum. Someone please send me pictures of the JTD one. Whoever sends me their JTD cover to borrow I will give them a rental fee for a week.

thinair
03-12-2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Adriano
Whoever sends me their JTD cover to borrow I will give them a rental fee for a week.

What sort of rental?