PDA

View Full Version : Need help - Holes don't line up!

BiBimBap
03-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Hey,

I just got my OEM M3 bumper... and I've realized that the licence plate holes don't line up with the holes on the bumper.

I've asked the dealer and they said there isn't any part that will fit the plate properly, since it was initially designed for euro plates. He said that i would have to drill into the bumper to mount the front plates.

Now, I'm kind of skeptical when a multi-national luxury car company produces parts that require "drilling" for things to fit properly.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I'm gonna get pulled over one day since I don't have a front plate.

BiBimBap
03-09-2004, 04:50 PM
See the holes in the bumper are spaced wider than the licence plate frame?!??!? What gives?!?!

KIRASIR
03-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Drill the license plate! ;)

Autotechnica
03-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Yep, I drilled holes in my license plate frame too. Mine had the words "BMW" engraved in it, and because of the stupid Ontario law I had to drill holes through it and mount the plate over it. Looks so much better without the plate.

There is a frame that is meant for the CDN and US plates. There is no holes at all and you still have to drill holes. It's the one I have. The US M3 bumper moldings are rough and not smooth like the one you have. I have the rough one.

Bry

HooliGaN*
03-09-2004, 07:47 PM
jus get a euro plate ;)

BiBimBap
03-10-2004, 03:05 AM
Ahh. Ok. I'm drilling my plate tomorrow morning. Stupid design though. Wish I could get away with a euro plate.. or even better - no plate at all.

Now where's my drill? Wrrrrrrrrrr....

Thanks for the help guys!