PDA

View Full Version : Canon Digital Rebel 6.3 Mpix


SpudBoy
03-09-2004, 02:54 PM
I've been shopping for a digital camera for quite a while and I've more or less decided upon the Canon Digital Rebel 6.3 MP unit.

Pro: I don't have to replace my Telephoto and Wide angle lens since it's compatible with Eos stuff.

Con: Price

anyone have any experience with this unit?

thanks,
Graham

SpudBoy
03-09-2004, 06:10 PM
wow, no Canon experience out there guys?

I'm buying then!*th-up*

KIRASIR
03-09-2004, 06:14 PM
It's a very nice camera. The only problem is that the lense is really really cheap with only 3x zoom.

Also if you want to take nice indoor pictures you should invest in an external flash (300+ CAD or so).

Also don't forget that this camera is pretty big. It's not something you can fit in a pocket, and go on a date. :)

SL

Originally posted by SpudBoy
wow, no Canon experience out there guys?

I'm buying then!*th-up*

SpudBoy
03-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks, Kir. I already have a Canon Flash as well as many lenseses and filters. It's actually lighter and smaller than my current EOS 650 Filmer.

I'm going for it tomorrow!

*th-up*

HIM
03-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by KIRASIR
It's a very nice camera. The only problem is that the lense is really really cheap with only 3x zoom.

Also if you want to take nice indoor pictures you should invest in an external flash (300+ CAD or so).

Also don't forget that this camera is pretty big. It's not something you can fit in a pocket, and go on a date. :)

SL

I think it great! I also have some other lenses of my own but I was reading a digital photo magazine after I got the cam and they were talking about how the lense that comes with it is really good, and I find it to be alright for my close up shots, so its not necessarily "really really cheap" and you can't expect a camera like this to come with a big telephoto lense....

Anyways, you'll love it

HIM
03-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Oh yea, heres a pic. Its reduced to 723x480 but still nice

SpudBoy
03-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by HIM
Oh yea, heres a pic. Its reduced to 723x480 but still nice

sweet pic dude*smoke*

Alezone
03-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Hey!!! Jeff (aka crusher) has it! Talk to him. I'm sure it's a great camera.

SpudBoy
03-10-2004, 06:37 PM
took the plunge:D

SpudBoy
03-10-2004, 06:39 PM
mini me*th-up*

with out the sunroof (such as it is)*smoke*

HIM
03-11-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by SpudBoy
sweet pic dude*smoke*

Thanks man *wave*

You've made a great choice! The pictures turned out good. See, I was gonna wait for the new canon model to come out, its a 8mp cam but it would be like the sony one where the lens would not be interchangable so this is a funner camera :D

Anyways, hope you enjoy it, the camera definetly makes taking pictures a lot more fun, I didn't enjoy it as much with my older point-and-shoot digital camera while I loved my 35mm slr, so now I have the best of both worlds.

Keep the pics comming if you decide to play around

Quack
03-11-2004, 03:53 AM
Graham where did you buy it and how much, I really want a digi rebel very bad

crusher
03-11-2004, 03:56 AM
ya how come does it cost now? i returned mine infavor of the winter tires and shit loads of christmas gifts :( I'm thinking of getting the Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom 5.1 since i don't need that many pixels anyways hehe

HIM
03-11-2004, 03:59 AM
Best buy sells it for 1500 now but if you look around in some asian places you can get it for 1500 with tax already included

wait, maybe they sell it for more, I don't remember anymore but I remember going to best buy and getting them to lower it to 1500 because I found it cheaper somewhere else. I paid 1500 for it though myself

Quack
03-11-2004, 04:08 AM
damn $1500, I don't know about that, car mods..........camera.........hmmmmmmmmmmm

WhadUpp
03-11-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by crusher
ya how come does it cost now? i returned mine infavor of the winter tires and shit loads of christmas gifts :( I'm thinking of getting the Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom 5.1 since i don't need that many pixels anyways hehe

Don't get the 5060, instead pickup the 5050 or wait for the 8080.

5060 has propriety batteries and not much improvement over the 5050 which takes 4 AA's.

crusher
03-11-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by WhadUpp
Don't get the 5060, instead pickup the 5050 or wait for the 8080.

5060 has propriety batteries and not much improvement over the 5050 which takes 4 AA's.

thx for the info, i'll see the pricing for the 5050 looks good just doesn't have the wide angle stuff. But i guess i can just buy the wide angle lens myself

whiskeym3
03-11-2004, 05:24 AM
Congrats on your purchase, You'll enjoy the 300d a lot, and since you have lenses/flash, you're pretty set on things.

Best of luck!

Whiskey

SpudBoy
03-11-2004, 01:14 PM
1399 at best buy. 1499 almost everywhere else I looked.

You can get comparable rez for about 1000 but I've been totally satisfied with my Canons over the years (AE-1, Eos 650). It didn't seem right to jump ship for a couple hundred bucks since I have a good assortment of accessories. Thanks for your input.

I'll give an initial review a little later.

johnoz
03-11-2004, 01:50 PM
http://www.adencamera.com/prod-overview.asp?ProdID=622&Category=6

SpudBoy
03-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by johnoz
http://www.adencamera.com/prod-overview.asp?ProdID=622&Category=6


Nice price:idea:

KIRASIR
03-11-2004, 06:56 PM
www.ecost.com

1250 CAD + tax

SL

HIM
03-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by johnoz
http://www.adencamera.com/prod-overview.asp?ProdID=622&Category=6

Ah yes, thats where I got mine, not online but at pacific mall

gnarfy
03-17-2004, 02:04 AM
I have the digital rebel with 50mm f1.8 lens. this is a crazy camera !
you won't regret it.

X5HogTown
03-17-2004, 02:30 AM
I just picked up a 5mp Sony DSC-T1. Not as good as the Canon but it fits in my shirt pocket.